Georgetown loses to Navy | The Boneyard

Georgetown loses to Navy

Reaction Score
All of a sudden things don't look so bad around here!!

Reaction Score
Seems like they are living up to their expectations this year.

Reaction Score
Watched parts of the game Navy is much better than either team we played so far, much better.

Reaction Score
Watched parts of the game Navy is much better than either team we played so far, much better.

Army looks good too. Watch out whoever draws the Patriot League Champ in the first round.

Reaction Score
And we didn’t lose. We won two games by an average of 20 points.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Dare I say G- town got annihilated by Navy?

Reaction Score
Man Georgetown should really be a top 20 program every single season. Elite academics, deep program history, Big East, DC is a fun city, tons of money and rich donors. How on earth are they unable to attract talent or poach a great coach? Whoever is running their athletics department is a certified moron for not being able to right the ship. They - and UCLA - are the biggest sleeping giants in basketball
They need to call Chris Beard and tell him they will pay him whatever he wants

Reaction Score
Man Georgetown should really be a top 20 program every single season. Elite academics, deep program history, Big East, DC is a fun city, tons of money and rich donors. How on earth are they unable to attract talent or poach a great coach? Whoever is running their athletics department is a certified moron for not being able to right the ship. They - and UCLA - are the biggest sleeping giants in basketball
They need to call Chris Beard and tell him they will pay him whatever he wants
Yeah I agree. Georgetown has the donors to get any coach they would want. Ewing isn’t the guy if he doesn’t win next season. Any coach would hop at that job. Ironically, Kenya Hunter would be a terrific fit for that job with his Maryland connections. But any coach would seriously hear them out.

Reaction Score
Georgetown has good pieces, but they are missing the "guy" to initiate offense.

Until someone steps up, they'll stay in the cellar. Jordan Riley and Tyler Beard will be given a lot of opportunities next year after Blair/Harris graduate.

Reaction Score
Then what was your point? Navy looked better than CCSU and UHart.......great. So what?
Do you actually have a point to make here? Not seeing it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Who would have guessed that hiring a former player with no head coaching experience might not work out?
Not these guys:

1606925595869.png

Reaction Score
Who would have guessed that hiring a former player with no head coaching experience might not work out?

I don't agree with this at all. Ewing had more than a dozen years as a top assistant on various NBA benches.

That being said, you can't always go home.. Look at our debacle with Kevin Ollie, it seems like the same is coming sooner or later with G'Town cutting loose one of their favorite sons.

I have no inside knowledge but sometimes it just doesn't work out. Sometimes a phenomenal assistant can be a terrible head coach (I've seen it with my own eyes).

Ego could be getting in the way here, like I said I can't speak to Ewing's character. All I know is what I've read about him seemingly belittling his players at every opportunity (McClung / Akinjo) along with that clip that went viral with him berating his player on the bench (hilariously) about taking a terrible shot.

Just my 2 cents.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom