Geno's Press Conference | The Boneyard

Geno's Press Conference

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I feel for Geno wanting to talk basketball, matchups, strategy, and only getting dumb personality-based questions.

But then the chuckleberries in the seats in front of him would actually have to know the game. 90% of so called sports reporting these days is just social noise. "Did you see Kevin glare at his PG with 2 minutes to play?"

Reaction Score
Lots of strange questions asked by the press. Guess I would rather they concentrate on the FF games than coach’s opinions on subjects not related to the FF.
It's not just here. It's "news" in general. Journalism has taken a dive in the last 10+ or so years.

Reaction Score
As I recall he said the same thing in December, also said UConn would have to be hitting the outside shots to win, then told CW to drive to the basket whenever she got a chance, appears to me the old fox is setting the trap again!
ND is a much better team than the one we played in December. Have to agree with Geno there. Remember, ND had a starter in Mabrey2 coming off an injury, and they were still trying to figure out how to play Turner with Shepard. ND has skilled size and great guards and likes the up-tempo back and forth transition game as much as we do. If it comes down to a one possession game at the end, we're going to be in trouble because they have the one player that doesn't mind taking the last shot.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geno's response to Creme's ridiculous question is one of the many reasons why he is the preeminent spokesperson for WBB. He refuses to make women's basketball a sideshow, and every player or coach in WBB should be eternally grateful that Geno represents their sport with such character and integrity.

Reaction Score
He's right. ND is the best team and they should win the championship.

In previous years when Geno believed his team was the best he wasn't afraid to say that either.

and Geno is on record saying that Uconn can play their A-game and not win if the other team plays their A-game, basically saying that Uconn is not the best team this year.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
ND is a much better team than the one we played in December. Have to agree with Geno there. Remember, ND had a starter in Mabrey2 coming off an injury, and they were still trying to figure out how to play Turner with Shepard. ND has skilled size and great guards and likes the up-tempo back and forth transition game as much as we do. If it comes down to a one possession game at the end, we're going to be in trouble because they have the one player that doesn't mind taking the last shot.
Spoiler alert. UConn is a much better team than the UConn team that played ND in December.

Reaction Score
Great interview. Geno is remarkable in the way he speaks and how genuine he comes across. I felt so passionate to hear his response to the bully remark because I really think MM loves to use negative campaigning to get herself in the press when it comes to Geno.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom