Geno's next deal will give him more time to make history | The Boneyard

Geno's next deal will give him more time to make history

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"Four years from now I might say, ‘That’s it, I’m done’ or a might say ‘Hey, I can do this for another five years.’ I don’t know how I will feel. Much of it depends on if we keep getting the same kind of players we’ve been getting.”

“I love the game and I love watching it being played in a certain way,” Auriemma said. “I enjoy going to practice and watching my players execute things they weren’t sure they could and then seeing it come alive in games.

“But the game is hard to enjoy if you don’t enjoy the people that are around you. That’s what makes it very special for me, what makes me want to coach as long as I can.”

LINK

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Totally love the sound of that. Selfishly, I'd love to see him end up with the all time NCAA wins AND the all time wins period, but Hatchell and Vanderveer are ahead of him as is Stringer. As long as they are coaching it's practically impossible to catch them.

He's about 290 wins behind Summitt so he'd need 8 years or so to catch her. We can keep our fingers crossed that he stays that long since I believe he'll pass her NCAA championships in the next 2 or 3 years...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So, what exactly has Geno done to deserve a raise?

Per John A:

Since he signed the last contract, Auriemma’s teams have played in four consecutive Final Fours, won two national championships and compiled the longest winning (90) in the history of the men’s or women’s Division I college basketball.

He has also recruited the last two high school national players of the year, sophomore Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis and freshman Breanna Stewart, who on Saturday became only the second freshman ever selected as the Paradise Jam Tournament’s MVP.

He also had a sideline that got his adopted nation a gold medal in London in impressive fashion and a FIBA World Championship.

Case made. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog