Geno's Chemistry Set | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno's Chemistry Set

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
He did something very similar back in the early 2000's. Can't remember what year '03? '04? '05?. He took the whole starting line-up out and even had a walk/on (Stacey Marron) in the game in the 1st half.

Also in 2015, he sat Stewart and Tuck 5 minutes into the game, for the rest of the game.
True, however the point was a continuing pair up of the two, not just a one and done. I do enjoy when Geno goes off the rails.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
But he was pretty slow getting up and down the court. They tried lighting a fire under him, but it didn't work out too well.
Darn hard to light a fire on an ice floe in the Arctic! ;)

Reaction Score
At Geno's last press conference, he asked the press there, "Don't ask me what to think". I don't think, I see what each player brings to that practice or game and I am pleasantly pleased or disappointed if my expectations aren't met.
On the BY, we discuss each game (small sample) and try to make points that really can't be made, because if Geno can't figure it out, none of us can.
We all hope Mir and Nikka improve and contribute, but we will have to see. Nikka hasn't made a shot yet against what is not the best competition yet, so more work there.

Reaction Score
You may be correct. But Aubrey & Mir on the floor at the same time gives UConn 2 ferocious, athletic defenders who can create havoc with an opponent’s offense, as they did vs Providence.
Unless you're going to run when they're in there all the time. Because neither can run any offense consistently.

Reaction Score
In 2000-01is the deepest and most talented team UConn has ever had. They had Aisha Jones, Tamika Williams Kennitra Johnson and Diana Taurasi all coming off the bench. At times you would see Geno subbing 3 players at once. Once in awhile 4.

Reaction Score
As far as Nika goes, I remember another european guard we have that went something like 0 for 2019. Her shooting will come around, when she learns to relax and let the game come to her.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The only way the kids are going to get better is through game experience. We've played 2 games since Dec 22. So for the non starters, to be developed and most importantly in time for the Big Dance will need game experience. They also need to be up to speed for next season. They will play and get better. You cant build on anything until we start playing more games. With that said there are teams like Tenn and Stanford who have played more games and have game time experience. So UConn right now needs to fill that need. Maybe against SC we see a shorter rotation however the most important thing is to stay healthy and play real games.

Reaction Score
You may be correct. But Aubrey & Mir on the floor at the same time gives UConn 2 ferocious, athletic defenders who can create havoc with an opponent’s offense, as they did vs Providence.
I thought Amir looked undersized when she was out there tonight. Aubrey is physically bigger and stronger.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom