Geno %$#@!&% | The Boneyard

Geno %$#@!&%

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I couldn't catch the middle of the game and just saw the end of the third quarter and I saw (maybe wrong?) something at the end of the 3rd quarter that had me swearing at the TV. Gabby was hurting, limping, couldn't or would not elevate; it happened quickly. She was looking at the bench but getting nothing over there. If Gabby gives you the I need out I see no reason to leave her in 'cuz there is only around 2 minutes left in the quarter.

Reaction Score
I was at the game. He sent Lexi Gordon to the scorer's table pretty quickly after that happened, however there wasn't a stoppage of play & it was fast break after fast break. Guess he coulda called a TO.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I was at the game. He sent Lexi Gordon to the scorer's table pretty quickly after that happened, however there wasn't a stoppage of play & it was fast break after fast break. Guess he coulda called a TO.
Yep, you could hear him call Lexi’s name after the shot of Gabby looking at the bench.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm not one to second guess Geno, but yeah I'd have called a TO, because God forbid Gabby tore something in that hip in that 2 minutes.

Reaction Score
I'm not one to second guess Geno, but yeah I'd have called a TO, because God forbid Gabby tore something in that hip in that 2 minutes.

I don't even understand why he doesn't sit her for a few games to rest for the most important part of the season.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I don't even understand why he doesn't sit her for a few games to rest for the most important part of the season.
I believe that Geno has said multiple times this year that their offense just doesn't operate correctly if Gabby is on the bench. So, if he can't help it, he wants her on the court to start the games. But I agree, he probably should rest her when possible.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I believe that Geno has said multiple times this year that their offense just doesn't operate correctly if Gabby is on the bench. So, if he can't help it, he wants her on the court to start the games. But I agree, he probably should rest her when possible.

I think your attributing comments he made about Lou to Gabby, though it is clear Gabby is also a key gear in the Husky machine.

Reaction Score
I think your attributing comments he made about Lou to Gabby, though it is clear Gabby is also a key gear in the Husky machine.

The announcers talked about that during the SC game. They were talking about gabby.

Reaction Score
I would trust the coaches and trainers to make the call. Their knowledge of the situation is better than ours!

I don't know any trainers or doctors who are in favor of their patients playing while injured unless it's a hugely important game if ever.......................for the life of me I will never understand why coaches insist on their players playing through pain in unimportant games..................I see it at the high school level all the time.....................the coach's response is always we're managing it as best we can...................I'd say the odds of Gabby, Crystal or KLS missing at least one crucial NCAA tournament game are pretty good if this habit continues.......

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Actually the comments that I saw by Geno were him discussing both Lou's and Gabby's effect on the offense. I only referenced Gabby in my post because she was who was being discussed.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I think that he should sit Williams, Samuelson and Dangerfield for the rest of the regular season. It might be a good idea to sit Collier and Nurse too - just in case.
;) Perfect solution to all the questions from our esteemed group of orthopedists and national championship coaches.;) How did you get that tongue so firmly in your cheek?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
How well will the team operate if Gabby is out for the season? They came back against ND without Gabby or KLS in the fourth quarter.

Reaction Score
;) Perfect solution to all the questions from our esteemed group of orthopedists and national championship coaches.;) How did you get that tongue so firmly in your cheek?
Geno could sit Gabby Williams for the rest of the regular season and the AAC Tournament along with Crystal Dangerfield and yet both could get hurt during the first round of the NCAA tournament. At that point, many on this board would criticize him because he did not hold both back until the Final Four. I understand that the purpose of this board is to speculate and second guess to some extent but, at a certain point, it gets absurd not just because of the 11 NCAA championships and the 173 wins over the team's last 175 games but because I've yet to hear from one of his current and former players that he overplayed her, caused her to be injured by being played, or sought victory at the cost of her health.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
How well will the team operate if Gabby is out for the season? They came back against ND without Gabby or KLS in the fourth quarter.
I was only posting what Geno has said, not what may or may not have happened.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well we save our love for our team don't we. There are days we are pretty snarky with each other. God forbid if we weren't 21-0 or is it 22-0...I lose track.

Reaction Score
Well we save our love for our team don't we. There are days we are pretty snarky with each other. God forbid if we weren't 21-0 or is it 22-0...I lose track.
I certainly did not mean to be snarky in my response. I watched the game and, like you, reacted to the sight of Gabby Williams' discomfort by wishing Geno would call a timeout and pull her from the game. That was only my first reaction, however, because I concluded that no one with the exception of Gabby Williams is more interested and invested in Gabby Williams' continued health this season than Geno Auriemma. I also believe that Geno, his excellent coaching staff and the UConn trainers and medical staff are all well aware of Gabby's injury, its scope and limitations. That is why I did not find myself like you shouting "Geno %$#@!&%" at my television screen. My view is that he has earned the benefit of the doubt in this regard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom