Geno, "We're not going anywhere!" | The Boneyard

Geno, "We're not going anywhere!"

Reaction Score
I just love Coach Geno. The man is approaching 70 but he still has that competitive fire left in him. He has had and experienced it all but yet still wants to prove himself and UCONN. It will be a SAD day in all of sports when he decides to hang it up.

Reaction Score
Geno is enjoying Texas time, southern cornbread, barbecue and the UConn Men's championship run. I'm eating oxtails, braiding my hair and reading mystery novels until our run next year. I would have loved a championship run, but rest sure does feel good. Like Geno, I think another streak is coming, UConn isn't going anywhere but up.

The kind that end in national titles too :)

Reaction Score
Who’s coming next year and the year after? I know about Allie and Kelis, but who else is he hinting at? Sarah? Kate? Adhel? Toby?
Great question. Geno mentioned before 2 top 5 recruits next season (in 2024) and we know only of Allie Z. so the mystery remains...

Reaction Score
Bone Dog said:
Who’s coming next year and the year after? I know about Allie and Kelis, but who else is he hinting at? Sarah? Kate? Adhel? Toby?
I think the odds are good that Geno will land Sarah. He’s the best WBB coach in the business, and her mom allegedly works for the Boston Celtics, so she would be able to drive to Storrs to see Sarah’s games.

I also like Geno’s chances to get a commitment from either Kate or Toby.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Another Geno tidbit from Houston

Attachments

• IMG_8445.jpeg
    IMG_8445.jpeg
    558.4 KB · Views: 436

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I just love Coach Geno. The man is approaching 70 but he still has that competitive fire left in him. He has had and experienced it all but yet still wants to prove himself and UCONN. It will be a SAD day in all of sports when he decides to hang it up.........
........But in the meantime.........:D

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
We're not going anywhere (most of our team is back, along with 2 IR players, and they are all hungry)
And if you see who we recruited this year (man, you are gonna love the incoming freshmen)
and once you find out who's coming next year (I know something you don't know)
and the following year (woooieee)
we're not going anywhere (we may not win all our games, but it's gonna be a fun journey)

Reaction Score
We get to add 6.5 new players to the mix. This team will look very differen.

Reaction Score
Hey Geno - we need more Bigs and athletic/faster recruits! That's what better be coming!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
He is also well versed on NCAA rules on saying anything about a recruit before the LOI has been signed.
That goes without saying.

Reaction Score
UCONN has some size right now they just need better health. I noticed right after the loss that Geno seemed to have that sparkle back in his eye and that hunger he needs to be his best. 14 years they were barely challenged and this year they lost with talent that should have had them back there and he knows it. His excitement for the future should give all of us fans excitement too. I wouldn't be surprised to see them rout everyone next year on their way to title 12.

Reaction Score
Whoever gets Toby Fournier I think is gonna get a potentially transcendent player in the women's game. Her dunking ability at just 6'2 is amazing.
If only she could shoot! Maybe she’s working on that and will be KML with hops!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom