Geno: We’re gonna need some help from [Stanford] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Geno: We’re gonna need some help from [Stanford]

Reaction Score
Glad I’m not losing my mind or my vision.Nobody even mentioned it
I may be wrong, but I don’t recall the UConn players or coaches making a stink about either.

Reaction Score
Yeah I think this is true and I think it's because of the starting lineup change Geno made for the tourney. I think Nika is the one that pushes the tempo. Sometimes this results in ill advised passes, but often it's her tough defense that turns into easy transition buckets and really gets the team going.
They all have been guilty of making I’ll advised passes.

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear Benny Luna did not make the cut for the Final Four. ;)
You mean Benny the Matador?? With that wild, theatrical Picador-esque Almost-over-the-back(Olivia?), but, no, now-its-a-loco-jump-ball???-call...????? Olé, don Bernardo!! ..

Reaction Score
Well I would definitely characterize Maryland as a three headed threat (Reese, Owusu, Miller) and probably Oregon as well (Pao Pao, Rodgers, Sabally), but both those teams gave us trouble so the overall point stands.
My own team still has to win the first game for this to matter so I don't have a dog in the fight here, but my take is that Stanford is of equal strength to NC State offensively and certainly better defensively. A lot of folks on here predicted UConn would beat NC State by 8-20 points which obviously didn't happen and I do think UConn played well in that game (i.e., wasn't an underperformance). Anything can happen to anyone on any night but I think UConn will have an uphill battle against the reigning champs, even if the game is close throughout.

Reaction Score
Dorka injury was a huge & perhaps fatal blow to Huskies FF prospects. Her size, strength, seasoning, & skilled inside/outside game will be sorely missed— particularly against Stanford’s (& hopefully SC’s) imposing & deep front line(s).

Geno himself called Dorka the team’s possible X Factor following her Storrs arrival last summer.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The other thing I love about Nika is her unbridled enthusiasm when rooting for her teammates.
The already famous video of AE following up Paige's miss with a thunderous layup was upstaged by Nika jumping up & down on the sideline. What a great teammate!
That was an Azzi miss, not Paige. ;)

Reaction Score
Geno got the help from Stanford he wanted. His team in foul trouble first half, Stanford couldn't hit outside shots, thanks in part to pesky shorter ones he put in the game for Aaliyah and Azzi while Olivia was burdened with fouls too. He prayed (did he, really?), it was answered.....

So, on to the next game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom