Geno: We’re gonna need some help from [Stanford] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno: We’re gonna need some help from [Stanford]

Reaction Score
Well I would definitely characterize Maryland as a three headed threat (Reese, Owusu, Miller) and probably Oregon as well (Pao Pao, Rodgers, Sabally), but both those teams gave us trouble so the overall point stands.
True, but I was talking about a three-headed threat from the perimeter. And certainly, the players that you mentioned are very good, but I'll take Paige, Azzi and CW...

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
And in that game she completely missed the Indiana pass that bounce off one of the Indiana's players sitting on the bench and came back on to the court. It happened right in front of her. Play on.

A few years ago in the S16 game against UCLA she called Napheesa Collier out of bounds when Napheesa's foot was in-bounds and at least six inches from the baseline. There was video evidence. She's awful. She's a PAC-12 referee and I'm sure Stanford fans have their own stories.
I watched that play and thought the ball went out of bounds. However, play continued and it happened on the other side of the court and was not, as I remember, replayed. Also, the announcers said nothing about.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Well I would definitely characterize Maryland as a three headed threat (Reese, Owusu, Miller) and probably Oregon as well (Pao Pao, Rodgers, Sabally), but both those teams gave us trouble so the overall point stands.
Maryland also had the little guard who last season led the country in three-point shooting per centage.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah I didn't get that because after the game he was asked the same question and defended his decision. I don't understand the consternation. They forced a kid to make a difficult shot under extreme pressure when they hadn't really shot well all night from long range. I'd probably do the same thing Geno did.
Well it’s kind of consistent. He said that he didn’t trust this team to execute it. That’s more or less what he said last time as well

Reaction Score
Stanford is as fine team but I believe they are beatable..........get Brink in foul trouble and make them beat you with the three........if they're off a bit and UConn is shooting well they can win this game......
As long as the FG attempts are the same, UConn can outshoot anybody at the final 4. IMHO.

FG attempts basically means 1) limit offensive rebounds by the opponent, 2) limit UConn turnovers.

Reaction Score
Ahhhhhh Geno playing mastermind... giving the kind of answer to get Stanford over confident... Such a SLY FOX!!!! :D:cool:
you really think Tara after 30+ years of coaching will let her team get overconfident? Also he said everyone on that team is back, uhhh Kiana Williams is not so moot point.

Reaction Score
I feel pretty confident. Our guards are playing great….as long as the bigs play even….we win! They’re destined!

Reaction Score
I watched that play and thought the ball went out of bounds. However, play continued and it happened on the other side of the court and was not, as I remember, replayed. Also, the announcers said nothing about.
Glad I’m not losing my mind or my vision.Nobody even mentioned it

Reaction Score
Dee Kantner and Melissa Barlow are in the pool of officials for the Final Four. Melissa Barlow was one of the officials for UConn's Sweet 16 game.

There are some great, deserving refs in the group. But Melissa Barlow is one of the lowest rated refs in the Pac 12 and she is chosen for the 10th straight year. Not sure they will assign her to a Stanford game since that is her conference. But I'm not sure how it works.
Dee Kantnor is chosen for the 25th straight year!

Reaction Score
the big dipper underdog GIF

Reaction Score
I'd rather UConn be the underdog than the favorite. After the season they've endured let all the pressure be on Stanford to make it back to the championship game to defend their title. All UConn has to do is go out there and play their game.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
There are some great, deserving refs in the group. But Melissa Barlow is one of the lowest rated refs in the Pac 12 and she is chosen for the 10th straight year. Not sure they will assign her to a Stanford game since that is her conference. But I'm not sure how it works.
Dee Kantnor is chosen for the 25th straight year!
Well, two things, this year, I have been pleasantly surprised by Dee as I have not seen her "insert" herself into any games, especially at the end. She did the ACC Tournament games and I thought she did a very good job. Fingers crossed. That said, I am curious on how the Officiating metrics work (or if they even really have any metrics!).

Everyone, please reread the announcement-Kantner and and Barlow were chosen for the 25th time and 10th time NOT CONSECUTIVELY, but overall.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Exactly. I would pull Brink out to the foul line and make her defend the pick and roll. Lurking to block a shot and trying to block a shot in a pick and roll is two different animals.
The pick and roll was our money play on Monday!

Reaction Score
Exactly. I would pull Brink out to the foul line and make her defend the pick and roll. Lurking to block a shot and trying to block a shot in a pick and roll is two different animals.

Whomever she's guarding is going to have to make a few of those shots for her to come out of the lane.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
you really think Tara after 30+ years of coaching will let her team get overconfident? Also he said everyone on that team is back, uhhh Kiana Williams is not so moot point.
I guess the humor intended in this was just over looked... the BIG Smile emoji, the Cool Sunglasses emoji and "Sly Fox"... just weren't obvious enough??? SMH

Reaction Score
To me, Connecticut needs to come out and be aggressive and confident from the opening tip. We have lost the national semifinal 4 times in a row? In many of these games, the team has looked tight and scared. I really think our first quarter performance will be an indicator of if this team is ready to compete on this big of a stage.

Beyond that, they really need to just settle in and be patient. Work the ball so that the right players are getting the right shots.

Reaction Score
To me, Connecticut needs to come out and be aggressive and confident from the opening tip. We have lost the national semifinal 4 times in a row? In many of these games, the team has looked tight and scared. I really think our first quarter performance will be an indicator of if this team is ready to compete on this big of a stage.

Beyond that, they really need to just settle in and be patient. Work the ball so that the right players are getting the right shots.
Yeah I think this is true and I think it's because of the starting lineup change Geno made for the tourney. I think Nika is the one that pushes the tempo. Sometimes this results in ill advised passes, but often it's her tough defense that turns into easy transition buckets and really gets the team going.

Reaction Score
Yeah I think this is true and I think it's because of the starting lineup change Geno made for the tourney. I think Nika is the one that pushes the tempo. Sometimes this results in ill advised passes, but often it's her tough defense that turns into easy transition buckets and really gets the team going.
This is one other thing I love about Nika- that young lady is absolutely fearless out there. I wish she could "infect" her teammates with that attribute.

Reaction Score
This is one other thing I love about Nika- that young lady is absolutely fearless out there. I wish she could "infect" her teammates with that attribute.
She's a spark plug, and I hope Geno does not hesitate to give the team a shot of Nika if it looks like they are getting bogged down.

Reaction Score
She's a spark plug, and I hope Geno does not hesitate to give the team a shot of Nika if it looks like they are getting bogged down.

Love that, "....a shot of Nika..."

I wonder if a tequila company representative catches that.

ps Miss the old Hueblein in Farmington Connecticut. They sponsored a Jose Cuervo free tequilla night at my frat at Trinity. I would share a story but no one remembers that night.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The other thing I love about Nika is her unbridled enthusiasm when rooting for her teammates.
The already famous video of AE following up Paige's miss with a thunderous layup was upstaged by Nika jumping up & down on the sideline. What a great teammate!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom