Geno Wants Shea To Lace-em-up | The Boneyard

Geno Wants Shea To Lace-em-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think she has any eligibility left, does she?

The trend is to recruit older players!!!!
Few have played for Geno that were tougher and more solid than Shea. As almost 6 ft player she rebounded and scored under the basket in improbable ways--just toughness. Geno should recruit her!!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I suspect it will be Gabby. Slippery quick and does Oh Wow stuff close in. But she has to be on the court to do that.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Two things this team needs to do. Stay outta foul trouble and take care of the ball. The rest will evolve. One thing I would like to see is some screens and pics set up for Chong. Another is for Butler to take the ball to the rim with a couple of good moves. Shes 6'5 and much like Dolsen doesnt jump high so moves to the basket and protecting the ball when doing so would be a great contribution to the offense.

Reaction Score
Since Shea can no longer play on this team, I predicting the next in-game team leaders and assistants will be Lou, then Crystal, then Megan. I'm basing this on their overt personality, behavior, communication style and word usage, compared to the same among their teammates. Time will tell. Out on the limb I go. :eek:

Reaction Score
I'll never forget that fist pump she gave on her back after a score against UT somewhere in my foggy past. Anybody got it?

At 11:30 on this tape, Shea defends against McDivitt, taps the ball and dives to get a tie-up. Run the tape out to the 11:51 mark to see a replay of a great Shea fist-pump. It's from the title game on Sunday April 2, 2000 in Philadelphia, btw

Women’s NCAA Tournament: 2000

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
At 11:30 on this tape, Shea defends against McDivitt, taps the ball and dives to get a tie-up. Run the tape out to the 11:51 mark to see a replay of a great Shea fist-pump. It's from the title game on Sunday April 2, 2000 in Philadelphia, btw

Women’s NCAA Tournament: 2000
Boy that was fun - ended up watching the whole game ... beginning of seeing the writing on the wall for TN - static defense and stagnant offense. I had forgotten how many minutes KJ played in 2000 and how well she played - reminded me of Ashley Battle in terms of being ripped and a defensive pest with somewhat limited offense.

And for those talking about platooning - lots of two/three person substitutions replacing the front court or the back court throughout the game in about 4 minute intervals. Tamika/Asjha in Kelly/Swin out - rinse and repeat.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Maybe its me, but I always thought the term "Lacem Up" was associated with hockey. For a moment I thought Shea might be playing for the UConn hockey team.

Reaction Score
Really and seriously (okay, I'm ducking when you throw bricks at me), when Geno asks "who is the one person who will step up to stop the slide?", that person IMHO is very definitely Crystal. She lives for that moment. I'm not talking about the superb game she had against Baylor, but her reaction afterward: cool and matter-of-fact. This kid has ice water in her veins and leadership in her heart.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Boy that was fun - ended up watching the whole game ... beginning of seeing the writing on the wall for TN - static defense and stagnant offense. I had forgotten how many minutes KJ played in 2000 and how well she played - reminded me of Ashley Battle in terms of being ripped and a defensive pest with somewhat limited offense.

And for those talking about platooning - lots of two/three person substitutions replacing the front court or the back court throughout the game in about 4 minute intervals. Tamika/Asjha in Kelly/Swin out - rinse and repeat.
That team in particular is an example of a very long bench (and the following year as well) -
Post players - Kelly, Asjha, Tamika, Swin, Stacy, Page, Christine
Wings - Sveta, Shea
Guards - Sue, Kennitra, Marci, Keirsten (injured)
The seniors were Stacy and Page, and they were replaced for 2001 with DT, Maria, Ashley (red-shirted after 5 games) as guards. Morgan as a wing, and Jessica as a post (red-shirted) Keirsten was once again a medical redshirt. Sveta went down in game 19 and Shea in game 30.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
That team in particular is an example of a very long bench (and the following year as well) -
Post players - Kelly, Asjha, Tamika, Swin, Stacy, Page, Christine
Wings - Sveta, Shea
Guards - Sue, Kennitra, Marci, Keirsten (injured)
The seniors were Stacy and Page, and they were replaced for 2001 with DT, Maria, Ashley (red-shirted after 5 games) as guards. Morgan as a wing, and Jessica as a post (red-shirted) Keirsten was once again a medical redshirt. Sveta went down in game 19 and Shea in game 30.
Just one deep, terrific and seemingly unheralded team.

Reaction Score

I think a certain Tenn coach saw the handwriting on the ball at that game also. She had no answer for Geno's back door game plan. Just gave up about 10 minutes into the second half. Watched her walk off the court after the game with a scowl on her face [Saw the same scowl after several other Tenn. final four losses.]
As an aside, disappointed that NCAA never returned to Phila. They were great hosts.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Maybe its me, but I always thought the term "Lacem Up" was associated with hockey. For a moment I thought Shea might be playing for the UConn hockey team.
I always thought it was a football term. (once upon a time you laced up your pants)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just one deep, terrific and seemingly unheralded team.
Well they lost a game didn't they - you want to be heralded at uconn you better be perfect. :cool:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'll never forget that fist pump she gave on her back after a score against UT somewhere in my foggy past. Anybody got it?

upload_2016-11-22_21-59-32.png

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Since Shea can no longer play on this team, I predicting the next in-game team leaders and assistants will be Lou, then Crystal, then Megan. I'm basing this on their overt personality, behavior, communication style and word usage, compared to the same among their teammates. Time will tell. Out on the limb I go. :eek:

Never be afraid to go of on a limb if you believe your feelings are correct. It's where reputations are made (or lost). It's also where character is showcased, the further out you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom