Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
This is going to be a ride......

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I saw that his second dose was administered a few days ago !

Reaction Score
Geno will be fine (thankfully, hopefully). They won't need Geno for the first weekend, he can stay home and do extra scouting, be back for the sweet 16, might be a false positive.

Reaction Score
First, I hope he’s ok.
Second, what does this mean for the team? Possibly not going to the tournament??

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Let's hope for the best. Someone at his age needs to be really careful with this stuff.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow! Geno is irreplaceable. I mean where could we find another hall of fame coach on such short notice?

1615844310121.png

(My daughter got a false positive shortly after her second shot. FWIW)

Reaction Score
Getting the vaccine does not mean you won't test positive/contract Covid in the future

Reaction Score

-> "After we received notification of the positive test result yesterday, we initiated contact tracing protocols, which included interviewing individual members of the basketball program and in-depth video analysis of practice," director of sports medicine and head team physician Deena Casiero said. "Only household close contacts were identified. Given the fact that we have been doing daily testing for the past seven days, we feel confident that we were able to catch this very early on in the disease process. The remainder of Tier I tested negative yesterday and today." <-

Reaction Score
I would imagine the potential for a false positive on tests administered shortly after a vaccine has got to be pretty high. Also, not many people who are asymptomatic would proactively get a Covid test so close to receiving a vaccine shot. Geno's test was mandated, of course. Let's hope it's a false positive, but I wish him well and hope there's no others.
I'm not familiar with the Johnson/Johnson vaccine, but that's not how the others work (and seeing how he got 2 shots, he had to have gotten one of the others).

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
I'm not familiar with the Johnson/Johnson vaccine, but that's not how the others work (and seeing how he got 2 shots, he had to have gotten one of the others).
You are correct. None of the currently available vaccines in America will cause a false positive directly. That is correlation without causation. A coincidence.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He was vaccinated. It takes a couple of weeks to fully set in. He wasn’t past that time period yet. Hoping he’s feeling okay, most importantly.

And even a fully vaccinated person can still catch the 'rona. Much like you can get the flu after a flu shot.

The vaccine should shorten the length of the virus and decrease the intensity of the effects of it.

Reaction Score
Could also just be his immune system hadn't fully built up yet if he just got the 2nd

Reaction Score
Shouldn't the program be shut down like we were - twice
There was contract tracing done and he wasn’t in close contact with anyone since he tested positive. And since the team and staff get daily testing, no one else has tested positive since Geno did. The team is handling it correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom