Geno tests positive for COVID-19 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Geno tests positive for COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I had both my shots and thought I was immune. Guess I had better continue to be a hermit.
I think the vaccine will take 14 days to get full immunity.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Holly Rowe just said on ESPN Sportscenter that Geo has since tested negative twice since his positive test. Haven't seen that anywhere else though
I thought she said Geno tested negative twice before his positive test.

Reaction Score
I had both my shots and thought I was immune. Guess I had better continue to be a hermit.
The vaccines are highly highly effective at preventing seriously illness and death.

It is still TBD if you can get mild cases and/or be asymptomatic and pass it.

Reaction Score
I thought she said Geno tested negative twice before his positive test.
I just re-watched her segment, she said he had two "subsequent" negative tests.

Reaction Score
He did—just had the second on Mar 10, but doesn’t provide full immunity for another 9 days. You can still be contagious even if you get the shots and catch Covid.
Waiting period of 3-4 weeks for second shot depending on which vaccine. This is consistent for eligibility time line for 65+ category which he fits into.

Reaction Score
This is odd; I assume (given his age, for example) that he's received at least one, if not two, vaccines. Many questions.

Hoping for a speedy recovery.
He received his second dose last Wednesday, so he is not considered fully immune yet, it takes 2 weeks after the second shot according to the report I read.

Reaction Score
Hate to lose Geno, but bottom line: Most of the Boneyard could coach UConn in the 1-16 game and win. Chris will do fine until he returns. As long as he's asymptomatic, great.

Coach Hurley - keep your mask in place!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If Geno can't be there to coach for 2 games CD can ask the boneyard for free advice. I advise her to tell Paige to shoot whenever she wants too..and tell Liv to stay out of foul trouble..simple...no?
As long as Paige the contrarian does not argue with CD over which days the tournament games are ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Genos quote

"I'm feeling well but disappointed that I will be away from the team for the next several days," Auriemma said. "Fortunately, I have a great coaching staff who will lead us during my absence. This revelation is a reminder that, while there is a light at the end of the tunnel, we are not on the other side of this pandemic yet. The full effect of vaccines does not occur until 14 days after our last vaccine dose, and for those of us getting two-dose vaccine, that means we're not in the clear after just one-dose. My team and I need to remain vigilant in the areas of mask-wearing and social distancing as we continue this fight against COVID."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think the audio from the video above was pirated from this SNY report:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Waiting period of 3-4 weeks for second shot depending on which vaccine. This is consistent for eligibility time line for 65+ category which he fits into.
The Pfizer is 3 weeks and the Moderna is 4 weeks. I was supposed to get the Pfizer at the VA Clinic on Sat and already had the second shot appointment. They gave me the Moderna and they had to cancel my follow-up appointment and give me a new one because I was scheduled a week early.

Reaction Score
Genos quote

"I'm feeling well but disappointed that I will be away from the team for the next several days," Auriemma said. "Fortunately, I have a great coaching staff who will lead us during my absence. This revelation is a reminder that, while there is a light at the end of the tunnel, we are not on the other side of this pandemic yet. The full effect of vaccines does not occur until 14 days after our last vaccine dose, and for those of us getting two-dose vaccine, that means we're not in the clear after just one-dose. My team and I need to remain vigilant in the areas of mask-wearing and social distancing as we continue this fight against COVID."
I can’t resist but isn’t this the same guy who said not to question him regarding him taking off his mask due to the amount of testing they do etc. etc. geezo Geno ?

Reaction Score
False positives are not uncommon with rapid antigen tests that are typically used for daily testing. It can be as high as 5% depending on the particular test used. The current CDC guidelines for asymptomatic people who test positive with an antigen test is to follow up with a more sensitive and specific nucleic acid amplification test. If the person tests negative, typically on 2 consecutive days, the initial result is considered a false positive, and no quarantine is required. The results from nucleic acid amplification tests can take a while unless they are done at a point of care site like a hospital. We just have to wait and see what is reported tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom