Geno Talking UConn basketball in Houston | The Boneyard

Geno Talking UConn basketball in Houston

Reaction Score

Talking about the success of the Mens team as they prepare for the FF and thoughts on next season women's potential. Says that he “would love to coach Paige for a full season” and “thinks that they have the best chance of winning a national championship since 2016” if all pieces fall into place.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
He looks good and sounds rested. No one wanted the season to end so soon but now that it’s over, players and coaches can take a breath.

Recharge and do your summer homework to get ready for next year, guys!

Reaction Score
Geno looks invigorated. I'm glad he is smiling and enjoying life right now. I think UCONN will be back next year and hope for the players sake they are all healthy and living their best life too.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Talking about the success of the Mens team as they prepare for the FF and thoughts on next season women's potential. Says that he “would love to coach Paige for a full season” and “thinks that they have the best chance of winning a national championship since 2016” if all pieces fall into place.

Weird since that '18 team should've won the title. Statistically, one of the best NCAAW teams ever.

Still a ton of questions regarding the 23/24 team starting but not ending with health.

Reaction Score
He looks good and sounds rested. No one wanted the season to end so soon but now that it’s over, players and coaches can take a breath.

Yes, yes, yes,yes!

Reaction Score
Weird since that '18 team should've won the title. Statistically, one of the best NCAAW teams ever.

Still a ton of questions regarding the 23/24 team starting but not ending with health.
The 2017 team should have won too, IMO, and I’m still disappointed. :( I’m not ready to get my hopes up about next season as we’ve been plagued by bad luck for a while now.

Reaction Score
What did we learn today ????
1. A FULL bench
2. Several BIG players

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I’m glad it’s over. I didn’t think we could win the NC. Too many injuries the entire year. Our two best players were not able to help us. We thought SC was the team we had to beat to win it all, but we were wrong. We let a team press into defeat. We must fix that.

Let's see how far we can go, then rest, heal, get in the weight room, and get ready for next year. That’s all you can do. If it’s not your year, it’s not your year. Other teams were better than us. So you learn from it, and move on. I’m excited about our chances for next season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

How on earth did that goof become some kind of mainstream sports "journalist" ??? Good lord.

Reaction Score
I agree both should have won, but the '18 team was the '17 team with more growth and Stevens.
Connecticut was crealy the best team statistically in 2017-18, but Baylor was a bit better in 2016-17.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Connecticut was crealy the best team statistically in 2017-18, but Baylor was a bit better in 2016-17.
Sometimes fate deals teams a hand they can only play one way. Sometimes the best team does not always win. :oops: Did the best team win last night in the men's San Diego St/FAU game? Or did the team who had the last possession/shot win the game? Did we not lose NCAA tournament games to Mississippi State (Morgan William) and Notre Dame (Arike Agunbowale) to buzzer-beaters? :eek: I often wonder what would have happened if both of those shots were missed. :rolleyes: Would we have gone on to win a chip?

Reaction Score
I agree both should have won, but the '18 team was the '17 team with more growth and Stevens.
The '18 team was the best UConn team not to win the championship imo. Maybe the '01 team as well, but Taurasi was still just a freshman that year.

Carnac

Reaction Score
How on earth did that goof become some kind of mainstream sports "journalist" ??? Good lord.
I'm not a "fan" of John Fanta, but I'm familiar with his work. I've watched several WCBB games where he was the play-by-play announcer over the past few years. He's not the worst sports journalist today. There's a long line of folks in front of him. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The 2017 team should have won too, IMO, and I’m still disappointed. :( I’m not ready to get my hopes up about next season as we’ve been plagued by bad luck for a while now.
100% agree on both. That 2017 team was pretty close to getting that ring and I am not getting my hopes up about next season. I just want the players to get healthy, stay healthy, develop that team chemistry, develop their skills, and play together.

Reaction Score
Geno’s Top 4 non-UConn players (that he’s coached against):
Nancy Lieberman
Tamika Catchings
Angel McCoughtry
Maddy Siegrist
Pretty solid list. I was listening as Coach answered Sue & Diana's questions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom