Geno starting a Twitter account | The Boneyard

Geno starting a Twitter account

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
If he does actually make any 'tweets' this season, it could be pretty entertaining .... :cool:

per John A

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno may start tweeting tonight but his player's will stop tweeting. According to John A, it appears CD's rules have been amended: "players announcing they are tweeting last tweets before habit is banned during the season." No tweeting during the season! I fear Geno and CD may have just reduced the number of potential recruits interested in UConn by about 90%! LOL

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IF Geno tweets, it would seem that the players would also be able to tweet. Unless the tweet account is in Geno's name, but someone in the WBB office is doing the tweeting.

Reaction Score
Geno may start tweeting tonight but his player's will stop tweeting. According to John A, it appears CD's rules have been amended: "players announcing they are tweeting last tweets before habit is banned during the season." No tweeting during the season! I fear Geno and CD may have just reduced the number of potential recruits interested in UConn by about 90%! LOL

I agree, this is definitely a dumb rule! God help us all, Diamond will be a lady vol.

Reaction Score
I agree, this is definitely a dumb rule! God help us all, Diamond will be a lady vol.

Geno tweeted his first tweet.
Almost immediately afterwards Chris Elliott tweeted that Geno thought Twitter was the biggest waste of time for the human race.

Yep, definitely going to be entertaining!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score

Not so sure it's so dumb. Plenty of restrictions on college athletes using social media. Some of it is a safety issue -- stalking much? Some of it is protecting them from the effects of saying something thoughtless and it getting blown up in national coverage (Cappie anyone?). As scholarship recipients, I believe the University has some say on what they can and cant do vis a vis conduct unbecoming etc.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
TJI I agree... can you imagine what may be said after a game (esp. a loss) and how we'll read into!

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Not so sure it's so dumb. Plenty of restrictions on college athletes using social media. Some of it is a safety issue -- stalking much? Some of it is protecting them from the effects of saying something thoughtless and it getting blown up in national coverage (Cappie anyone?). As scholarship recipients, I believe the University has some say on what they can and cant do vis a vis conduct unbecoming etc.
On the money.

It's not Twitter or 'social media" that's the problem, but some folks' unawareness or indifference that they are giving up their privacy. It seems some don't much value privacy anymore. Perhaps, that will lead to a better world, but it sure doesn't feel that way for the older generation.

And, if you are someone in 'the public eye,' then you expose yourself to multitudes of judgments about anything you reveal. What you reveal can and will be twisted to fit the agendas of various factions. Nobody, let along college kids, can possibly vet everything they write for cyberspace. No one has lawyers and PR people going over every statement to eliminate the opportunity for others to parse and mis interpret even the most benign words. Basketball players don't need the distraction of such crap, though I think some BYers find it serves as recreation.

I hope there's no ban on Huskies following the BY, though. Think of all the great advice they'd be missing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom