Geno says next season will be UConn's best chance for a national championship since 2016 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno says next season will be UConn's best chance for a national championship since 2016

Reaction Score
Paige will not leave before Azzi does.

You heard it here first.
I actually came to this same conclusion back in October and of course it's JMO. If they had been able to play this season with no injury problems I would hesitate to predict it. But it's just my thought that nothing in the somewhat isolated world of European pro ball and the financial setup of the WNBA, probably playing on different teams, can match the enjoyment of playing with your best friend in the spotlight of UConn and possibly winning a NC during the best years of their lives. If the injury bug stays away they could possibly run it back on future Olympic teams but if I were Bueckers, I'd feel like I got cheated out of a couple of years and wouldn't leave them on the table for those pro leagues given her fortunate financial situation. But of course that's just my thinking and I'll be interested to see what she does.

Reaction Score
Still need to find a way to get by South Carolina. Front court is huge again with Cardozo at 6’7”, Amihere at 6’4”, and Watkins at 6’3”.
Yes, SC's frontline is formidable, but Amihere is gone to the WNBA... SC needs perimeter shooting...

Reaction Score
The best shot was this year. Only if we had a healthy roster. But hey like my grandfather always used to say, "If, if was a 5th we'd all be drunk."

If healthy, I'm scared we will be going small ball again. Amari would have to grow immensely for that not to be a reality and Ayanna would have to become a more improved option on the offensive end. No way Geno is playing limited post players for the sake of growing into his offense. Biggest Portal transfer is wherever Alyssa Morrow ends. She could change the dynamic for a few teams. :(

Best chance for next season is all about health!
The Two things that have to happen next season for all things to be true.
1. Caroline and Aubrey have to take another forward step offensively. The team goes as they go.
2. Ayanna and ICE have be able to develop quickly. Boards/Defense will be key. Mixed in with Passing and finishing around the basket. They both should be a nice compliment to Aliyah next season.

Reaction Score
Amihere declared for the draft, and Watkins is as wet behind the ears as Patterson was last year. This front court is not a formidable as UConn's will be.
If South Carolina were to entice Morrow to join their squad, she makes them very formidable. South Carolina still has a deep squad with the foundation of 6 foot seven at Center. And that’s just talking about one transfer Dawn may be in the market for a few. But I would like to see the NCAA regulate, the officiating D1wide. All officials college wide should be on the same page. When the rulebook says it’s a foul you call it.

Reaction Score
And they all get an extra month to gel because of the European trip. Can't wait to watch them in Europe on YouTube this summer.:)
Can someone tell me who thay will be playing against ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom