Geno raised the black flag on Sunday | The Boneyard

Geno raised the black flag on Sunday

Reaction Score
Geno was sending a message with for the first time ever, their all black uniforms. There will be no surrender. No retreat, No quarter given and none asked for and one last thing. No prisoner. Not today not next week or next month. Not ever.

Reaction Score
Geno was sending a message with for the first time ever, their all black uniforms. There will be no surrender. No retreat, No quarter given and none asked for and one last thing. No prisoner. Not today not next week or next month. Not ever.
Interesting take on the black unis. At least they didn't wear those shiny silver unis.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Jerry Glanville did the same thing when he took over as head coach of the Atlanta Falcons. He changed their uniforms and helmets from red to black.

Reaction Score
henry-ford.png

Reaction Score
The Last (and the Best)!!
#10.jpg

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Interesting take on the black uniforms. The black flag reference though in the title of the thread, has bad connotations in both Geno's country of birth (Italy) and for the USA as well. I know that's not what you meant, just wanted to make you aware.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I must be losing my eyesight as well as my hearing...I thought they were dark Navy Blue. Thanks for clarifying.

Reaction Score
How does black signify " no surrender, no retreat?" Just curious.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wait didn't we go to a lighter color in the last uniform redesign because National Flag Blue was too dark?

1543853866724.png

Reaction Score
Didn’t like them. Glad they weren’t the same jinx as the silver ones.

Reaction Score
How does black signify " no surrender, no retreat?" Just curious.
In dress, nowadays, Black is known as the "power" color. When you want to project power or feel in your power, wear all black. Try it at Christmas dinner!:cool::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Actually I liked the idea of the black and the look of the black uniforms. I think it was a show of confidence. We may also soon see a new line of UConn WBB clothing in black.

Reaction Score
Those uniforms are actually a very dark navy blue.

Reaction Score
D3DABBF9-4F19-4815-BF73-A2970558B5E8.jpeg
Don’t know how I missed this. I was never disappointed that none of the top targets didn’t sign with UConn this year. I don’t cry at recruiting losses of any players that don’t want to be UConn. All those players not commiting just opened up the space for all players that do want to be at UConn. The guy just knows what he’s doing. In Geno I trust!

Reaction Score
In dress, nowadays, Black is known as the "power" color. When you want to project power or feel in your power, wear all black. Try it at Christmas dinner!:cool::rolleyes:
Like johnny Cash ?!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I must be losing my eyesight as well as my hearing...I thought they were dark Navy Blue. Thanks for clarifying.

I believe you are correct. Very deep blue. Hard to distinguish in a lot of settings, but cannot see the logic behind not wearing your team color.

Reaction Score
Love the black unis. It will be interesting to see when the Huskies break them out again....maybe in Waco, TX?

I don't like the BLACK uniforms that has nothing to do with UConn School colors.
On the same note: Don't wear anything else in away OOC games. Stay with that which works.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom