Geno on the Young Aaron Hernandez | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno on the Young Aaron Hernandez

Reaction Score
You could be correct. However if they do find evidence of CTE, then that changes everything. He did begin exhibiting bad behavior in his teens. But we've seen examples of other teenagers playing football who have also displayed evidence of CTE. There was a player with Penn who committed suicide when he was just twenty (?). Most of the time when relatives suspect that a deceased family member who played football had CTE, they've been proven right. The hit rate for BU is over 90%.

I'm not rooting for any particular outcome. This was a terrible tragedy, wasted lives, senseless violence. Just horrible.

But I made sure my son didn't play football when he was young, and with every story I read I feel vindicated in that decision.
Great points, all.

My dad could have been a professional athlete--drafted by the Yankees out of college (turned it down, because in the late 1930s that meant years in the very dreary minor leagues). He encouraged us (his 3 sons) to play every sport imaginable, but he never let any of us play football. He knew even in the 1950s and 60s that football was a brutal sport.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
There has been a development in the case....apparently in Newsweek originally. Go 0ver to the Cesspool for my link....it may provide a motive for
the killing of Oden Lloyd. The story itself doesn't seem appropriate on this board.

Reaction Score
OT: It was Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Bob Hayes, "The World’s Fastest Human” , who stated that if track and field had been professional when he was young, there was no way that he would have played football. He played football to make a buck, but he said he would not have suffered the punishment if he could have competed as a professional track star.

If only we could figure out a way to prevent ACL injuries in women basketball players....

Reaction Score
Nothing for his victims and their families? The sad story is his victims' story, not his. He did what the state should have done.
If you start a thread "Aaron's victims" I will pray for the victims' soul 10 times harder than Aaron.
This thread is about Geno and Aaron not about the victims.
He hung himself already why you are still after a dead person so hard?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I only played "2-hand touch"... didnt want a bunch of guys/gals (PC) piling up on me, thats no fun!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Back in ancient times, long before anyone had ever heard of CTE, concussion protocols or even the required use of mouth guards, I played football in HS & college.

During the 1st half of one game, I was knocked out on my feet, by virtue of an uppercut to the jaw, but continued to play on. At halftime one of my teammates alerted the HC that I was "out of it." He held up 2 fingers and asked me, "How many fingers am I holding up?" I answered "two" and played the entire 2nd half.

Fortunately, by the time my son played football years later, coaches & medical personnel were far more knowledgeable regarding safety concerns. While I thoroughly enjoyed watching my son play football, knowing the risks, I'm happy his playing days are over.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Back in ancient times, long before anyone had ever heard of CTE, concussion protocols or even the required use of mouth guards, I played football in HS & college.

During the 1st half of one game, I was knocked out on my feet, by virtue of an uppercut to the jaw, but continued to play on. At halftime one of my teammates alerted the HC that I was "out of it." He held up 2 fingers and asked me, "How many fingers am I holding up?" I answered "two" and played the entire 2nd half.

Fortunately, by the time my son played football years later, coaches & medical personnel were far more knowledgeable regarding safety concerns. While I thoroughly enjoyed watching my son play football, knowing the risks, I'm happy his playing days are over.
isnt 2 the normal number... or sometimes it could be 1

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs: Cowardice? Tragedy? No Absolutes In Hernandez Nightmare

Who knows if Aaron's father didn't die, maybe he would have been the influence in his life and not the group he eventually hung out with.
My cousin lived down the street in East Bristol and knew the father and said he was a great guy and well respected but the deceased's uncle was not. How is his brother who I thing played at Uconn first at QB then switched to end ?

Reaction Score
My cousin lived down the street in East Bristol and knew the father and said he was a great guy and well respected but the deceased's uncle was not. How is his brother who I thing played at UConn first at QB then switched to end ?
Jonathon as he goes by now, is the HC of a high school team in Conn. Always been bright, hardworking and a straight forward person. Jonathon and Aaron always been 2 different people. His Father and Uncle along with a man named Rocco Testa played football at Uconn and during that time were accused of robbing houses inthat area. They played together at Bristol Central also. Testa was with his Uncle Gary Castonguay when he shot Officer Holcomb dead in Plainville ,Ct. over 30 years ago. Testa snitched and got 5 years and Castonguay will die in prison. A lot of us who know both feel Testa did the shooting. At a stag party about 20 yrs ago I witnessed those 3 men beat up the man getting married who was another friend of thier brother. The mother was arrested for bookmaking and married a known and convicted drug dealer from Bristol who stabbed her. Just a few people that were in his life.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Jonathon as he goes by now, is the HC of a high school team in Conn. Always been bright, hardworking and a straight forward person. Jonathon and Aaron always been 2 different people. His Father and Uncle along with a man named Rocco Testa played football at UConn and during that time were accused of robbing houses inthat area. They played together at Bristol Central also. Testa was with his Uncle Gary Castonguay when he shot Officer Holcomb dead in Plainville ,Ct. over 30 years ago. Testa snitched and got 5 years and Castonguay will die in prison. A lot of us who know both feel Testa did the shooting. At a stag party about 20 yrs ago I witnessed those 3 men beat up the man getting married who was another friend of thier brother. The mother was arrested for bookmaking and married a known and convicted drug dealer from Bristol who stabbed her. Just a few people that were in his life.
he almost got out... cause family members didn't show up for his parole hearing in 2014
Plainville Cop's Killer's Parole Rescinded

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Jonathon as he goes by now, is the HC of a high school team in Conn. Always been bright, hardworking and a straight forward person. Jonathon and Aaron always been 2 different people. His Father and Uncle along with a man named Rocco Testa played football at UConn and during that time were accused of robbing houses inthat area. They played together at Bristol Central also. Testa was with his Uncle Gary Castonguay when he shot Officer Holcomb dead in Plainville ,Ct. over 30 years ago. Testa snitched and got 5 years and Castonguay will die in prison. A lot of us who know both feel Testa did the shooting. At a stag party about 20 yrs ago I witnessed those 3 men beat up the man getting married who was another friend of thier brother. The mother was arrested for bookmaking and married a known and convicted drug dealer from Bristol who stabbed her. Just a few people that were in his life.
Jim Fisher True Crime: The Gary Castonguay Case: Paroling a Cop Killer?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom