Geno on the recruiting trail | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Geno on the recruiting trail

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Anyone know if any recruits will be visiting for the NCAA's?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I don't understand Lauren Cox signing with Baylor. I thought she said she didn't want to sign with a school with 2 to 3 Center recruits? Then Baylor gets Centers B. Mompierre and K. Brown as freshmen this year , and Lauren Cox signs on for next year? They'll be battling for playing time for the next 3 years! You would think she'd sign where she could get the majority of PT?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I don't understand Lauren Cox signing with Baylor. I thought she said she didn't want to sign with a school with 2 to 3 Center recruits? Then Baylor gets Centers B. Mompierre and K. Brown as freshmen this year , and Lauren Cox signs on for next year? They'll be battling for playing time for the next 3 years! You would think she'd sign where she could get the majority of PT?

In this case, perhaps the best answer is the most obvious one: The kid changed her mind.

Reaction Score
In this case, perhaps the best answer is the most obvious one: The kid changed her mind.
Also, she may have enough self-confidence going in that she expects to play a lot.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Cooks is not new she been around for a few years now and there is a video of Muffett McGraw watching her in some kind of showcase event when she was a mere eight grader. This is the first time I have seen her associated with UCONN. Also strange how her ranking has progressed ESPN has always had her near the top of the class Top10-15 while Prospects Nation has near the bottom 90-100 range.
"Cooks says she has been recruited by powerhouses Connecticut and Notre Dame...."

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't ever remember Lauren saying anything like this. Maybe she just sees herself as more of a PF and would prefer not to play center.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't ever remember Lauren saying anything like this. Maybe she just sees herself as more of a PF and would prefer not to play center.
From what I had seen of her, and that was not alot, she seemed to be more of a 4 than a 5 to me. But what do I know?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Lauren was like Wilson in NOT wanting to play the 5. So choosing a place that already had centers was a GOOD thing. Plus it's a good program, in her home state, and Kim pitched her "family values."

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I think Lauren was like Wilson in NOT wanting to play the 5. So choosing a place that already had centers was a GOOD thing. Plus it's a good program, in her home state, and Kim pitched her "family values."
No problem with any of that except the "family values". Appreciate the quote marks!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No problem with any of that except the "family values". Appreciate the quote marks!
OK I'll bite. What is the significance of the quotation marks around the words "family values".

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Let me 'splain myself. The term "family values" has been used and misused by politicians, so I was a little reluctant to use it. What I meant was that Kim pointed out the cultural and social values of the university and Waco (it's not Berkeley, for example) in an effort to make her feel at home. What j66kicker says is on point.

JordyG

Reaction Score
The problem is PF or not PT for her will be limited, and not just for next year. That is unless she somehow shows something from the foul line. Good luck with that.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The problem is PF or not PT for her will be limited, and not just for next year. That is unless she somehow shows something from the foul line. Good luck with that.
I don't think so. PT will be limited for Montpremier or Brown. Davis and Cox will get starters minutes in the post until graduation.

Reaction Score
Talking about recruits, I see that Sabrina Ionescu was just named a WBCA high school All-American. Yet she has not committed to a school for next year (actually the kids usually begin with summer classes, so just three months away). Does anyone know why this highly-ranked high school player hasn't decided where to play next? Where to study next? Does Coach Geno want her?

Does anyone know of a similar great HS player who would not sign on the dotted line?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Talking about recruits, I see that Sabrina Ionescu was just named a WBCA high school All-American. Yet she has not committed to a school for next year (actually the kids usually begin with summer classes, so just three months away).

She's got more than two months to sign. She was down to Oregon, Oregon State, and Cal at last check.

Reaction Score
She's got more than two months to sign. She was down to Oregon, Oregon State, and Cal at last check.

Any news as to why the delay? Most of the top 100 commit by the fall of their junior year, or at latest the spring. Just curious.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Any news as to why the delay? Most of the top 100 commit by the fall of their junior year, or at latest the spring. Just curious.

Haven't heard why and none of the fans from the schools involved seem to have either. But it's not unprecedented. A'ja Wilson didn't give a verbal to SC until mid-April after her senior season.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Most of the current high school juniors (class of 2017) are uncommitted as we approach spring of their junior year. It is most common to decide either in the summer before senior year or in the fall of senior year. But there are a few every year that wait until the April signing period in spring of senior year. A'ja Wilson is a recent example of a high-profile recruit that waited until the April signing period.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I don't think so. PT will be limited for Montpremier or Brown. Davis and Cox will get starters minutes in the post until graduation.
Again I don't know Coco. Watching Mompremier this year I saw a highly athletic post with a decent stoke to the foul line. With some upper body improvement and her experience she'll be hard to beat out next year. Now her 2nd year may be different. However, if MP is pushed they may split time with a very unhappy Brown being the odd out. Or if Cox doesn't show consistency MP will be the gal with Cox yearning for volleyball season. If Cox takes over a very unhappy MP splits back up time with a pouting Brown. What if Brown shows marked improvement (a possibility)? Three posts does not make for a happy group. Nor can the team define its identity. My question is, which post sees the writing on the wall and transfers in 2018? Those who see Cox as a 4, where is her stroke? In the games I've seen of her (mostly in U17 and U18) I saw little evidence of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom