Geno on the freshmen and the start of the season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno on the freshmen and the start of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can probably give you 10 years and out distance your age by a few. As you probably know as one ages the epidermis reduces in thickness--maybe not the emotional skin. People like you and David stay with the subject and knowledge and are both a pleasure to offer opinions about WBB with or is it with whom to offer opinions? Any thanks.

Hey, don't count me out of the decrepitude race. I'd fight even harder if I really believed that age=wisdom. What age equals is time to dwell on boards like these . . .

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Aaah Yes --one's opinion belongs to him or her--whether formed incorrectly or correctly, that opinion is personal and belongs to no one else, that is the wonderful side of offering opinions. And as such should not offend anyone --once the correction is made by one differing in opinion--that should be sufficient. No stats were stolen from anyone, probably just a missed remembrance. Beyond that it becomes argumentative and does not belong in a friendly forum. Don't you agree??

So all that red neck Tenn trash talk you threw my way for a couple of days is behind us! That's a relief. :cool:

Reaction Score
I can probably give you 10 years and out distance your age by a few. As you probably know as one ages the epidermis reduces in thickness--maybe not the emotional skin. People like you and David stay with the subject and knowledge and are both a pleasure to offer opinions about WBB with or is it with whom to offer opinions? Any thanks.
Never been bothered by a "number", ie age. I certainly want to be a year older (soon) and then work on the next one after that. I will say I have 20 & 19 year old grand daughters. Turning 71 early next month. Now either Dave is younger or started later, I know he has children attending USF and UCF. I don't remember who or whom, English was not my favorite class, especially grammar and it was forever ago. Maybe more important is I don't care.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I can't remember the exact year where every mirror I looked in started reflecting someone else, but it was a while ago! I still haven't gotten used to it. :rolleyes:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Aaah Yes --one's opinion belongs to him or her--whether formed incorrectly or correctly, that opinion is personal and belongs to no one else, that is the wonderful side of offering opinions. And as such should not offend anyone --once the correction is made by one differing in opinion--that should be sufficient. No stats were stolen from anyone, probably just a missed remembrance. Beyond that it becomes argumentative and does not belong in a friendly forum. Don't you agree??
Absolutely!

Reaction Score
Never been bothered by a "number", ie age. I certainly want to be a year older (soon) and then work on the next one after that. I will say I have 20 & 19 year old grand daughters. Turning 71 early next month. Now either Dave is younger or started later, I know he has children attending USF and UCF. I don't remember who or whom, English was not my favorite class, especially grammar and it was forever ago. Maybe more important is I don't care.
I guess there really are people on this board older than me though I don't think there are all too many. You've got about 9 months on me. Anyway, as has been mentioned, age and wisdom aren't always hand in hand because there are a number of people on this board who are obviously far younger than me who have provided wonderful insights into UConn basketball and human nature, as well. I hope I've contributed a bit but there's been times where I've gotten a bit too passionate or prejudiced about a viewpoint and have misspoke. Hopefully infrequently enough where I haven't offended too many people. Anyway, I love this site because it's a wonderful potpourri of opinions and views on a variety of things, both on and off topic.

Reaction Score
English like math were not my favorite subjects. But I have a wife who taught me enough math to get through Electrical Engineering and Bio Med Engineering. Enough to teach the later at UALR, and VA. By osmosis (being around my English Prof wife) and some pushing I was able to forget the English I learned and pickup a homogeneous accent, most people think me Middle West.

Reaction Score
I guess there really are people on this board older than me though I don't think there are all too many. You've got about 9 months on me. Anyway, as has been mentioned, age and wisdom aren't always hand in hand because there are a number of people on this board who are obviously far younger than me who have provided wonderful insights into UConn basketball and human nature, as well. I hope I've contributed a bit but there's been times where I've gotten a bit too passionate or prejudiced about a viewpoint and have misspoke. Hopefully infrequently enough where I haven't offended too many people. Anyway, I love this site because it's a wonderful potpourri of opinions and views on a variety of things, both on and off topic.
Yes, I have been wondering when the "OLDER and Wiser " was going to kick in~~
I was told for years, and some of which is true, if you are Young and
stupid or young and a wise ass , don't expect to change in old age.

Reaction Score
So all that red neck Tenn trash talk you threw my way for a couple of days is behind us! That's a relief. :cool:
I humbly beg that you shall accept my apology for any and all things I said in my medically induced state of ignorance.
If I knew what was past I would have passed it. I didn't pass the Russian capsule -heck I didn't even swallow it~~!!!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Yes, I have been wondering when the "OLDER and Wiser " was going to kick in~~
I was told for years, and some of which is true, if you are Young and
stupid or young and a wise ass , don't expect to change in old age.

I can't resist chiming in on this "age" discussion. BTW, I am 83 and bed-ridden for a while. What I have learned is that there are three distinct phases in every person's life:

1. When you're young;

2 When you're mature; and,

3. When your friends tell you how good you look!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I humbly beg that you shall accept my apology for any and all things I said in my medically induced state of ignorance.
If I knew what was past I would have passed it. I didn't pass the Russian capsule -heck I didn't even swallow it~~!!!

But it was suppose to take pictures all the way down!

Reaction Score
But it was suppose to take pictures all the way down!
That came from a very Politically incorrect comedian --Jose Jimmies (can't remember his real name) as he played an American astronaut .

Reaction Score
I can't resist chiming in on this "age" discussion. BTW, I am 83 and bed-ridden for a while. What I have learned is that there are three distinct phases in every person's life:

1. When you're young;

I am your age plus a month or two. Mature isn't age--it's in education and mental attitude. I have yet if ever will I Mature.
10 years ago I was told I looked good. Today, way too many people are feeling my pulse --apparently to see if I am still alive. If I didn't have my knee replaced, I'd still be walking 20 plus miles per week--not much of a runner ever. I'm hoping to "rust" out.
But as my house warming hobby, I am still cutting trees, cutting them up, using wedges, and developing a 1/2 acre garden some of which feeds local homeless. FYI I spent 4 months in Newport Naval Hospital with the remnants of the Frozen Chozen. Marines--crazy kids, but there isn't one I don't love -of any generation. I know you've been there done that only Army. Way too many homeless are Vets, many suffering the effects of PTSD (my pet peeve).

Reaction Score

1. When you're young;

Being lucid at any age is a gift and you've been gifted!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Way too many homeless are Vets, many suffering the effects of PTSD (my pet peeve).

An abiding deep national disgrace. Perhaps the deepest. We have to do it with private $ 'cuz the VA is not salvageable IMO - frankly it should be dissolved and vets given Congressional Health Benefits w/o deductible. Bring that one up to your congressperson ... go ahead and watch the red spread across the face.

PS. OMTW the VA is your peek at a single pay(er/ee) system. Cogitate on that.

Last edited:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
An abiding deep national disgrace. Perhaps the deepest. We have to do it with private $ 'cuz the VA is not salvageable IMO

While I acknowledge the criticisms of the VA nationally (especially out west), I can knowledgeably speak up for the absolutely superb care provided by the VA Medical Facility in West Haven, CT. I speak from extensive outpatient and inpatient treatment experience, including several stays and one major surgery. Everything about the care for vets there is super and I am one of many who are deeply grateful. There is a sign by the entrance: "The cost of freedom is visible here." My appreciation for that VA site is immeasurable

Last edited:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Kib - I always thought the stages were:
1. Oh how Cute!
2. ________ (no comment)
3. Oh how good you look!

I assume your #2 comprises the traditional scatological pleasantries exchanged by males while greeting one another.

There's an alternate version - has to do with three phases of birthday commemorations:
At first, you gleefully celebrate them;:D
A little later, you graciously observe them;:)
Still later, you stoically ignore them.:(

Last edited:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well with the announcement of Katie Lou and NC abilities that makes me think that everybody else off the bench is behind them. Our starters Tuck MoJeff Stewie and Nurse. Who will be the 5th starter? Well 5-8 should be Butler Katie Lou NC Saniya Chong. Im just thinkin out loud. Who will be the 5th starter? Good question. Now will Stewie and Mojeff in their last season I would think my 5-8 will step in next season.

Reaction Score
While I acknowledge the criticisms of the VA nationally (especially out west), I can knowledgeably speak up for the absolutely superb care provided by the VA Medical Facility in West Haven, CT. I speak from extensive outpatient and inpatient treatment experience, including several stays and one major surgery. Everything about the care for vets there is super and I am one of many who are deeply grateful. There is a sign by the entrance: "The cost of freedom is visible here." My appreciation for that VA site is immeasurable
I too partake of the VA services---I've been serviced by the Newington, West Haven, Little Rock, Martinsburg Wva Va hospitals and associated clinics--for the most part (with one rare exception) they have done as well if not better than my well paid, via a very very good insurance system, civilian insurance. The clinics, contract type, are among the best.
Except for one instance in Little Rock, I have been treated exceptionally well and caring. Can the system be improved sure my belief the management (like all government entities) needs the most improvement. FREEDOM ISN"T FREE as attested to by those Vets in those hospitals. PTSD, old time shell shock still isn't properly handled. It is my belief that anyone in combat for 10 seconds for more will suffer some form of PTSD--But America you are doing so much better than WW1 and 2, Korea, Vietnam for those who served~!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom