Geno on the freshmen and the start of the season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Geno on the freshmen and the start of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I can't resist chiming in on this "age" discussion. BTW, I am 83 and bed-ridden for a while. What I have learned is that there are three distinct phases in every person's life:

1. When you're young;

2 When you're mature; and,

3. When your friends tell you how good you look!

hmmm, I must still be young. Cause I sure ain't mature, and nobody is telling me how good I look.

Reaction Score
hmmm, I must still be young. Cause I sure ain't mature, and nobody is telling me how good I look.
Mature in body is one thing. Being mature in mind, attitude, and outlook is quite another--my grand kid (and my wife) tell me I'll never "mature"---I keep thinking all day, that I can do all day, those things I could do all day, now all I can do all day is think all day about those things.

Reaction Score
I guess there really are people on this board older than me though I don't think there are all too many. You've got about 9 months on me. Anyway, as has been mentioned, age and wisdom aren't always hand in hand because there are a number of people on this board who are obviously far younger than me who have provided wonderful insights into UConn basketball and human nature, as well. I hope I've contributed a bit but there's been times where I've gotten a bit too passionate or prejudiced about a viewpoint and have misspoke. Hopefully infrequently enough where I haven't offended too many people. Anyway, I love this site because it's a wonderful potpourri of opinions and views on a variety of things, both on and off topic.
I marvel at the number of people who can on a one second notice--pull up what ever stat necessary to prove or disprove a point. It takes a lot more time, energy and dedication than I can take away from other functions I truly enjoy as well~!!

Reaction Score
Jose Jiminez
As BillNaples says---Bill Dana!! Or Hoe-zey Hay men eez (phonetically) , I don't remember Bill Dana spelling it. Thanks for the spelling-one young lady who spelled it my way was known as Jim meniz .

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I guess there really are people on this board older than me though I don't think there are all too many. You've got about 9 months on me. Anyway, as has been mentioned, age and wisdom aren't always hand in hand because there are a number of people on this board who are obviously far younger than me who have provided wonderful insights into UConn basketball and human nature, as well. I hope I've contributed a bit but there's been times where I've gotten a bit too passionate or prejudiced about a viewpoint and have misspoke. Hopefully infrequently enough where I haven't offended too many people. Anyway, I love this site because it's a wonderful potpourri of opinions and views on a variety of things, both on and off topic.

I've got 5+ years on you guys and I think there are older than me

Reaction Score
84 and subscribe to the philosophy that "given the alternative to growing old, growing old isn't all that bad". My love of UConn women's basketball started with watching a group that was attaining the excellence to a basketball form that I strived for in the late '30's and early 40's.

Reaction Score
84 and subscribe to the philosophy that "given the alternative to growing old, growing old isn't all that bad". My love of UConn women's basketball started with watching a group that was attaining the excellence to a basketball form that I strived for in the late '30's and early 40's.
I like to make the observation that I would rather be seen than viewed. My love of the "girls game" at least as Geno runs it was what held my attention. I have been vertically challenged my entire life (I needed a ladder to touch the rim) so while I can appreciate the athleticism of the guys the game the ladies play below the rim and passing and screening and etc. is more what I remember and like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom