Geno on Sports Center. | The Boneyard

Geno on Sports Center.

Reaction Score
Geno:

"The first one [final 4] was in 1991, which seems like a different century. Oh - actually it WAS."

"Other people are allowed to win once in a while. That's how I felt about Mississippi State. That's how I felt... a little bit... about Notre Dame last year."

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno:

"The first one [final 4] was in 1991, which seems like a different century. Oh - actually it WAS."

"Other people are allowed to win once in a while. That's how I felt about Mississippi State. That's how I felt... a little bit... about Notre Dame last year."
"ND is allowed to win once in a while. But not two years in a row."

Reaction Score
"ND is allowed to win once in a while. But not two years in a row."
The shade he is throwing is gonna get him a beat down tomorrow. Sometimes it's best to just be humble, but that wouldn't be Geno now would it. Smh!

Reaction Score
The shade he is throwing is gonna get him a beat down tomorrow. Sometimes it's best to just be humble, but that wouldn't be Geno now would it. Smh!
Beat down? Seriously? Please tell me you are being sarcastic. And what "shade" did he throw? I think Muffet is throwing all the shade and I hope karma bites her in her you know what tomorrow.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Great interview. However, Geno forgot about the 12 consecutive Final Fours streak.

Reaction Score
Great interview. However, Geno forgot about the 12 consecutive Final Fours streak.
I noticed that as well. How could he forget the one that has been brought up a bunch of times in the last week? And I'm sure there are a myriad of lesser known streaks still in tact.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I noticed that as well. How could he forget the one that has been brought up a bunch of times in the last week? And I'm sure there are a myriad of lesser known streaks still in tact.
Home win streak maybe. Wins over unranked teams, decades without losing 2 in a row...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Home win streak maybe. Wins over unranked teams, decades without losing 2 in a row...
Perhaps my favorite streak, reflecting incredible consistency: Last time we lost consecutive games, March 1993. Thats's 26+ years.

In contrast, I believe the LVs lost 6 in a row this season, and UCLA had two 4-game losing streaks. .

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Well, let's see. They're up around 90 consecutive home wins. Haven't lost to an unranked team since 2012. One hundred twenty in a row in the AAC. Multiple AA's on one team for who knows how many years in a row. And of course there's Eric Friede's favorite: no losing streak of even two games since 1993.

And when was the last season somebody didn't make it up on the Wall?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Based on what's happened in the Final Four the past two seasons, I think Geno is attempting to downplay any streaks, so as not to put any additional burdens on his players.

Atleast5char

I did it; I let the dogs out.
Reaction Score

One-year streak of wall of fame banner covers being stuck.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
2017 when Saniya and TLaw were seniors. But they did graduate with three national championships and a 154-2 record I believe.
OK, except for that one. :D

But three people became eligible that year, at least.
Thanks!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom