Geno on SNY April 11 | The Boneyard

Geno on SNY April 11

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
SNY TO DEBUT NEW SEVEN - PART DIGITAL SERIES

HUSKIES AT HOME

First Webisode to Premiere this Saturday at 10:00 AM on SNY.tv

While sports have come to a pause, SNY is hoping to help fill a little of the void for UConn Huskies fans with a new weekly digital series, Huskies at Home. SNY, home of the UConn Huskies, will catch up with seven of the Huskies’ most prominent coaches including Geno Auriemma, Dan Hurley andRandy Edsall on how they are doing personally and how their players are doing during these uncertain times. Hosted by SNY anchor and UConn side-line reporter Maria Marino, a new episode of Huskies at Home will be available weekly on SNY.tv on Saturday’s at 10:00 AM.

In the first episode Marino catches up with head women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma – he shares his unique perspective on life in quarantine and goes into detail about the hardest part of this for him from a coaching standpoint: “You’ve lost the thing that makes us what we are. We are relationship people. We’re coaches. We’re teachers. The hardest thing is coming to grips with- that you don’t have the things that make you who you are every day.”

He also shares the struggle for his players: “They’re sitting around asking questions “what do you think is going to happen? And we don’t have the answers. It’s one of the first times in our coaching careers when people ask you a question, we don’t have an answer.”

The second episode of the seven-part series of Huskies at Home will feature Jim Penders, UConn’s head baseball coach.

Huskies at Home schedule:
April 11 - Geno Auriemma, Head Coach Women’s Basketball
April 18 - Jim Penders, Head Coach Baseball
April 25 - Nancy Stevens, Head Coach Field Hockey
May 2 - Dan Hurley, Head Coach Men’s Basketball
May 5 - Mike Cavanaugh, Head Coach Men’s Ice Hockey
May 16 - Randy Edsall, Head Coach Football
May 23 - David Benedict, UConn Huskies Athletic Director

Visit SNY.tv weekly for exclusive UConn Huskies content: www.SNY.tv.

###​

Reaction Score
Must be my lack of tech knowledge but I cannot find anything listed on that SNY site about UConn coach or UConn women basketball. Any other link?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Must be my lack of tech knowledge but I cannot find anything listed on that SNY site about UConn coach or UConn women basketball. Any other link?

Do you see this on the sny.tv link. See our Geno at Huskies at home. It is working

1586613758612.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just finished watching . 10 minutes. Pretty fun.

The line of the year for me.

Geno mentioning he is watching PBS's World on Fire but a lot of it is in Polish

so he contacts Anna and asks if she is watching American Television

"No Coach, We are smart"

Geno also saying his workouts are making him look worse because it is aggravating his knees. :eek::eek:

I know swimming was my way of dealing with that but I guess getting to a pool is impossible. Maybe a nice river/lake swim somewhere?

Reaction Score
Just finished watching . 10 minutes. Pretty fun.

The line of the year for me.

Geno mentioning he is watching PBS's World on Fire but a lot of it is in Polish

so he contacts Anna and asks if she is watching American Television

"No Coach, We are smart"

Geno also saying his workouts are making him look worse because it is aggravating his knees. :eek::eek:

I know swimming was my way of dealing with that but I guess getting to a pool is impossible. Maybe a nice river/lake swim somewhere?
Interesting - was NOT on my SNY Comcast channel this morning

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Hummm. All I got is that Anna, like many of us, think watching American TV is kind of dumb.
As much as I respect and admire Geno's brilliance as a coach and teacher, that interview is a few minutes I'll never get back.
:confused:

Reaction Score
I thought it was pretty funny on the breakfast, lunch and dinner segment! Our family is doing the same! Ha! We all miss our routine!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
He said that the players all asked him what he thought would happen regarding social distancing restrictions, and when he thought it would be over. He had to tell them that he had no answers because he didn't really know. He said it was one of the few times in his career as a teacher and a coach that he had to answer a serious question by saying "I don't know" to his players / students -- he said it's not something that coaches or teachers are accustomed to doing.

I suspect Holly Warlick (or JPM) would take issue with that. They seem to give those kinds of answers all the time in postgame remarks when they are asked to diagnose the cause of any problem in their team's play.

Reaction Score
Hummm. All I got is that Anna, like many of us, think watching American TV is kind of dumb.
As much as I respect and admire Geno's brilliance as a coach and teacher, that interview is a few minutes I'll never get back.
:confused:

Yeah, you could have been washing your hands instead. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom