Geno on IG Live | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Geno on IG Live

Reaction Score
It was awesome to watch. Geno and Rebecca have such a good rapport with one another.

Geno also said they’re chatting with a few kids in the portal. We’re all waiting for something new to talk about, Coach.

ETA: It’ll be available for the next 24 hours on the UConn wbb IG page, but you’ll have to have an IG account to view it (it’s not a regular post).
I googled “uconn wbb instagram”, which brought me a twitter link, which had a YouTube link. Might be able to just go straight to YouTube. Search for UConn wbb bracket talk.

Reaction Score
That's Bueckers. Hopkins has a lot of talent but for the last 2 years that talent has been in the 8th grade or was a freshman/sophomore. Bueckers was the anchor for all of them. Over those 2 years there have been 3 or 4 games when those kids played scared. Bueckers dragged them to victory. On a USA U19 team that had Ryne Howard, Jones, Horston, Boston it was Bueckers who won MVP. There have been several comments from her various coaches saying she makes those around her better. She has a vivacious personality, not at all a shrinking violet on the court. Plays with a lot of emotion. She is just what UConn needs.
If it looks like a Taurasi, plays like a Taurasi & laughs like a Taurasi ........................
And refuses to lose like a Taurasi........I sure hope so.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I googled “uconn wbb instagram”, which brought me a twitter link, which had a YouTube link. Might be able to just go straight to YouTube. Search for UConn wbb bracket talk.

They put it on YouTube and FB a few hours after it went live on IG. Glad people who are less attached to technology will be able to access it later.

Reaction Score
Instead of typing the whole word for Instagram, just shorten it to IG and it will be there.

Reaction Score
. His answer to that question might also have given a clue to next season aa to the style of play. The late season defense and up tempo transition this year fits a 10 player or 11 player (grad transfer?) roster very well with the added bonus of being able to full court press for extended periods of time. I would have liked to get even a remote clue as to what he is thinking. He also said he never saw another player liked DT. Even coaching her in U18 one summer before she started, he was amazed at not only how good she was but also at how the force of her personality uplifted the other players.

I would love a fullcourt press for an extended time. The problem is they could be so far ahead early that you can't practice it as much. And some of the elite teams might be "unpressable" which UCONN would have to recognize.

In regards to DT - when he was talking to Rebecca he said after coaching her in U18 that he knew she was unlike anyone else.

Reaction Score
Huh..I thoroughly enjoyed this interaction between Geno and Rebecca and never turned it into a conversation about transfers, etc. I just enjoyed it for what it was - and I loved them discussing the bracket that UConn WBB put out for people to vote on. I thought the whole segment was just enjoyable vs. dissecting it to the nth degree. But hey, that's just me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom