Geno on IG Live | The Boneyard

Geno on IG Live

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
It was awesome to watch. Geno and Rebecca have such a good rapport with one another.

Geno also said they’re chatting with a few kids in the portal. We’re all waiting for something new to talk about, Coach.

ETA: It’ll be available for the next 24 hours on the UConn wbb IG page, but you’ll have to have an IG account to view it (it’s not a regular post).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How can they take transfers? There's no more room at the inn. The only way it would work is if the transfer was guaranteed to play next season and would be just a one year deal. They are full the year after unless Geno knows something we don't.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
How can they take transfers? There's no more room at the inn. The only way it would work is if the transfer was guaranteed to play next season and would be just a one year deal. They are full the year after unless Geno knows something we don't.

Maybe a grad transfer? I would say there is room at the inn for older, experienced players — even if their playing time is limited.

Reaction Score

My guess is that a graduate transfer is the only option/need. At this point, next years roster is very young and inexperienced. Two juniors, Williams and ONO, are the only two players to have any NCAAT experience in a uconn uniform, and two sophomores, Makurat & Griffin, are the only other players to ever suit up for uconn. Westbrook has experience, but a lot of her effectiveness will depend on her health, which at this moment is unclear. IMO, a well established PF graduate transfer could potentially be the difference next year.

Yes, we have 5 talented freshman coming in, but you can't always have expectations for freshman. Remember Walker's freshman class were calling themselves the fab four? None of them lasted four years, and three had virtually zero impact on the program winning any big games. Only time can tell how good this class will become. (admittedly, Paige isn't your average freshman!)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Geno wants to win. There are talented kids in the transfer portal.
UCONN roster size for the 20-21 is 10.
UCONN roster size for the 21-22 is 12 without Evina.
UCONN has been averaging about 1 transfer out per year for a while now.
There is plenty of room at add talent on the roster for a player that has 1-3 year of eligibility at any position although post help is the most glaring need.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
To those who say UConn has enough talent coming in or there's "No more room at the inn" I have a solution.

1585932156610.png

..and I'm building more trucks.

Reaction Score
It was awesome to watch. Geno and Rebecca have such a good rapport with one another.

Geno also said they’re chatting with a few kids in the portal. We’re all waiting for something new to talk about, Coach.

ETA: It’ll be available for the next 24 hours on the UConn wbb IG page, but you’ll have to have an IG account to view it (it’s not a regular post).
I'm following them now on IG how do I go back and watch?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Maybe a grad transfer? I would say there is room at the inn for older, experienced players — even if their playing time is limited.
There's certainly room at the 4 and 5 positions. Let's recall that we effectively had no viable backup for Liv, and that was with Batouly and Evelyn on the bench.

Reaction Score
Here is the problem as I see it. We have a very talented number of players coming in for the next few years in addition to what we already have. In order to develop their talent they are going to have to see a significant amount of playing time. For every other player you bring in that is going to reduce that time and we could very well have another class or two like the one a few years ago when so many decided to transfer in order to gain more playing time. Let us please develop what we have.

Reaction Score
So to cut to the chase...can anyone speculate, based on the grad transfers available, who "might" fit a slot in UConn's system?

Reaction Score
Here is the problem as I see it. We have a very talented number of players coming in for the next few years in addition to what we already have. In order to develop their talent they are going to have to see a significant amount of playing time. For every other player you bring in that is going to reduce that time and we could very well have another class or two like the one a few years ago when so many decided to transfer in order to gain more playing time. Let us please develop what we have.
Having a solid bench also means a greater ability to learn during practice. With the exception of the 4-5 games against Top 10 teams, UConn will be well ahead in most others and can give the frosh enough playing time.

Reaction Score
Having a solid bench also means a greater ability to learn during practice. With the exception of the 4-5 games against Top 10 teams, UConn will be well ahead in most others and can give the frosh enough playing time.
Hopjim, the only problem with that is that even when we are up twenty points Geno keeps his freshmen on the bench until a short time is left in the game. Last year was an aberration but with a deeper and more experienced bench neither Audbrey nor Ana would have seen the number of minutes they saw.

Reaction Score
Interesting as always with him and her. Geno said Lew Alcindor(Kareem) was the greatest college player ever. He also said that Pete Maravich would average 70 points a game today. It wasn't that much of an exaggeration. He averaged 44 ppg in 69-70 and there was no three point shot and a much slower game. No shot clock. If you never saw him play you should watch film of him in college. There will never be another one like him. He had Globetrotter moves when he was 17.

Reaction Score
By the way, if he does find a grad transfer, it will likely be an enforcer underneath in the 4 or 5 position to box out, get rebounds and play defense if one is available. Knowing Geno however, he will probably take the best player he can.

Reaction Score
Interesting as always with him and her. Geno said Lew Alcindor(Kareem) was the greatest college player ever. He also said that Pete Maravich would average 70 points a game today. It wasn't that much of an exaggeration. He averaged 44 ppg in 69-70 and there was no three point shot and a much slower game. No shot clock. If you never saw him play you should watch film of him in college. There will never be another one like him. He had Globetrotter moves when he was 17.
You mean like the blind slap pass while looking away? ;)

Reaction Score
My guess is that a graduate transfer is the only option/need. At this point, next years roster is very young and inexperienced. Two juniors, Williams and ONO, are the only two players to have any NCAAT experience in a uconn uniform, and two sophomores, Makurat & Griffin, are the only other players to ever suit up for uconn. Westbrook has experience, but a lot of her effectiveness will depend on her health, which at this moment is unclear. IMO, a well established PF graduate transfer could potentially be the difference next year.

Yes, we have 5 talented freshman coming in, but you can't always have expectations for freshman. Remember Walker's freshman class were calling themselves the fab four? None of them lasted four years, and three had virtually zero impact on the program winning any big games. Only time can tell how good this class will become. (admittedly, Paige isn't your average freshman!)

I proposed on another thread Ellie Mack from Bucknell. What do you think? Looks tough -- is 6'3 and is a skilled shooter and looked competent passing. Looked like she "belonged" when she played vs Fla State last year in NCAA's. And this year she is better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom