Geno on Gabby Williams | The Boneyard

Geno on Gabby Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She must have spent some time in the gym working out while rehabbing
her knee.I think I read that Ekmark has been working with a personal trainer.
I guess they are both getting prepared for 2014 in Storrs. Good luck
to both of the recruits.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well you may have to wait until the last 4 minutes of the game. That's the good news. She, like most highly touted recruits, has had very little real competition to date. Don't get me wrong: I suspect she is going to be great as long as the knee hangs together; may it be forever. However, the game has a lot of components and to date she has been largely untested. What am I saying: Glad she's with us and let's not get crazy.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Well you may have to wait until the last 4 minutes of the game. That's the good news. She, like most highly touted recruits, has had very little real competition to date. Don't get me wrong: I suspect she is going to be great as long as the knee hangs together; may it be forever. However, the game has a lot of components and to date she has been largely untested. What am I saying: Glad she's with us and let's not get crazy.
Let's not get crazy? Who is getting crazy?

And what if we want to get crazy? Are you the crazy cop? The loony lawman?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ah, thank god it's Friday Grampysorus Rex. If the bar ain't closed, I'll buy him one.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 3m
#UConn's Auriemma said that Gabby Williams resembles Nykesha Sales' body type at the same age. He just saw Williams have triple-double

Where did Geno see her have a triple double? Ive been at her last 4 games and definitely didn't see Geno! I did meet her mom though. Nice lady. Pretty.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
After seeing her play a handful of times i tend to agree with you. The competition she is playing during her high school season is truly abysmal. She is SO much better than anyone on the court that I think she loses interest. She jogs back on defense on occasion and isn't incredibly aggressive on offense at times. Its hard to blame her as she really is miles ahead of the competition and basically scores at will whenever she decides to take the ball to the rim. That being said, her athletic ability is ridiculous and i can't wait to see her under Geno's tutelage. She has all the skills to be a special player. Her dad had serious game at the University of Nevada back in the late 80's early 90's which is when I first moved here to Reno/Tahoe.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
CRAP!!! Ive been to her last four games but decided to go the Nevada v. Boise basketball instead of Gabby's game on Tuesday at Reno HS. I guess I picked a bad one to miss!

Their coach obviously decided to let her loose with Geno in the house. The games i went to she probably only played half the time. Would have loved to have seen play a bunch of minutes with the inspiration of Geno in the stands. That would have been fun.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
After seeing her play a handful of times i tend to agree with you. The competition she is playing during her high school season is truly abysmal. She is SO much better than anyone on the court that I think she loses interest. She jogs back on defense on occasion and isn't incredibly aggressive on offense at times. Its hard to blame her as she really is miles ahead of the competition and basically scores at will whenever she decides to take the ball to the rim. That being said, her athletic ability is ridiculous and i can't wait to see her under Geno's tutelage. She has all the skills to be a special player. Her dad had serious game at the University of Nevada back in the late 80's early 90's which is when I first moved here to Reno/Tahoe.

Amen.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It isn't all that unusual for a lot of these very good players to not often face competition that can handle them unless they go to one of the schools that is put together to face better competition (Mater Dei, CTK, etc). The mention of Sales is apt. She had crazy numbers in high school because Bloomfield High basically didn't play teams that could compete with someone of her talents. While I think there are more good athletes playing hs ball than when Nykesha played, the great players still don't often face great resistance in hs, more likely playing AAU. Gabby is apparently not only an elite athlete, but a skilled bb player.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Interesting that nothing was said about her game or athletic ability
Is she still considering high jumping?

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
probably, you could see this her senior year

th

Or look here --
http://blogs.rgj.com/chrismurray/20...town-to-watch-his-future-star-gabby-williams/

to see what she's doing just lately. You can see her athleticism and her "bulked up" look.

Reaction Score
Gabby's stock soared after her play against some of the best competition in AAU tournaments during the summer of 2012.

Not exactly correct, she played on the second level AAU circuit but played well and is very athletic, and was successful and gained a lot of attention from scouts, she is listed at 5'11 but she is closer to 5'9 but she has good speed and crazy vertical leaping ability, it will be interesting how Geno uses our 3 2014 guards

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Not exactly correct, she played on the second level AAU circuit but played well and is very athletic, and was successful and gained a lot of attention from scouts, she is listed at 5'11 but she is closer to 5'9 but she has good speed and crazy vertical leaping ability, it will be interesting how Geno uses our 3 2014 guards
Edwards, Ekmark, Williams, Nurse.

Four.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nykesha is certainly a nice comparison. She was darned good.

Brett McCormack likens her to Maya. That may be over the top, but I really like it.

I also think a smaller and more disciplined version of Diamond. I like that too.

Reaction Score
Brett McCormack likens her to Maya. That may be over the top, but I really like it.

[/quote]
Maybe no so over the top if we consider her as a Maya in a guard's shoes. Gabby is a great athlete with outstanding leaping ability. While it's way to early to tell, she just might approach Maya's Uconn basketball achievements.

HGN

Reaction Score
I tend to think her 'bulked' up body is due to weight gained while waiting on the knee to heel. Not being able to train will do that to you. Only now trying to play herself back into shape and condition.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I tend to think her 'bulked' up body is due to weight gained while waiting on the knee to heel. Not being able to train will do that to you. Only now trying to play herself back into shape and condition.
If you see her current pics I think it is clear she has gained some physical maturity with muscle bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom