Geno on Christyn | The Boneyard

Geno on Christyn

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
"And this is the worst she's ever going to be, right? She's a freshman, so she's going to get better from here," Auriemma said, and then with impeccable comic timing added, "Wait until she learns some of our plays."

The fact he’s ribbing Christyn in the press means she “gets” Geno, which is a big deal. I’m loving this s kid.

UConn upends No. 1 Notre Dame behind freshman Williams' big day

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just a fantastic article.

My favorite quote which shows that her whole heart is devoted to this team. :D

"I was at home, and she hit the shot, and I was just devastated," Williams said of Arike Ogunbowale's game-winner for Notre Dame last March. "I wished I could be out there to help. And today, I got my chance to."

Reaction Score
A visit to the Boneyard for Voepel projects doom from several posters who do not seem to be fans... and don't want to be identified when clicking on their profile. Why are they here?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“She adds a really big dimension to our team,” Auriemma said of Williams. “She’s fearless. You saw that. I was upset we didn’t give it to her more in the second quarter. I made a point at halftime to ask them why. ‘Did she do something wrong to you guys? Why aren’t you giving her the ball anymore?’ She was carrying our team.”

Christyn Williams' breakout performance propels No. 2 UConn women to 89-71 rout of No. 1 Notre Dame

1543801433861.png

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
A visit to the Boneyard for Voepel projects doom from several posters who do not seem to be fans... and don't want to be identified when clicking on their profile. Why are they here?

Let's not go too far on this.
I don't follow recruiting closely and rarely comment on it.
But is not not unreasonable for fans to be disappointed and concerned over our (apparent) meager recruiting haul for next season

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So, is everybody happy with our small 2018 recruiting class? There are recruits, and then there are Legends.
I think some people are starting to get off of your back for that long ago statement. May they have reason to forever stay off your back.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
“She adds a really big dimension to our team,” Auriemma said of Williams. “She’s fearless. You saw that. I was upset we didn’t give it to her more in the second quarter. I made a point at halftime to ask them why. ‘Did she do something wrong to you guys? Why aren’t you giving her the ball anymore?’ She was carrying our team.”

Christyn Williams' breakout performance propels No. 2 UConn women to 89-71 rout of No. 1 Notre Dame

View attachment 36992

I think she is clearly 'built' to carry a team to a NC.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
“Left hand, right hand, it doesn’t matter. I’m amphibious.” – former NC State basketball player Charles Shackleford

Would have been funnier if he was from NC. ;)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
UConn did not get any of its top recruiting targets for next season, which prompted a lot of kvetching from worried Huskies fans in the past week.

Ms. Voepel must visit the Boneyard.
No better place in the whole world for 'kvetching" :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom