Geno On Caitlin Clark | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno On Caitlin Clark

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Here's a Sam Kinnison-like critique of Bluders' Defense.

Not sure why this is responding to me. I never claimed Bluder was a good defensive coach. Some coaches are just the opposite, they are known for defense while the offense is uninspired. You want a coach who can do both, but if you had to choose would you rather watch a well coached offense or defense? People differ on that.

Reaction Score
All that said, I am a huge Caitlin fan!! She is good for the women's game due to the class that she exudes. She never has a bad thing to say about a player that has literally rung her neck. I would tell Caitlin just keep doing what you're doing cause America is behind her. I would be willing to bet she has more fans than all the WNBA teams combined.
Don't think so.

Social Media Followers: (from Forbes)
Angel Reese: 3.2 million TikTok followers as well as 3.1m Instagram followers. Caitlin Clark: 2.3 million Instagram followers and 325k TikTok followers. May 14, 2024

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not sure why this is responding to me. I never claimed Bluder was a good defensive coach. Some coaches are just the opposite, they are known for defense while the offense is uninspired. You want a coach who can do both, but if you had to choose would you rather watch a well coached offense or defense? People differ on that.
Only responded because you mentioned her. "I saw my shot and I took it."

I'm not even sure if agree much with the commentary. I was just fascinated because it was so much like a Sam Kinison rant.

Reaction Score
I like him a lot. The part I don't get is that, he states that Caitlin is on the wrong team. She had no choice. So my question to him is, where would she thrive? I wish he would've answered that.

All that said, I am a huge Caitlin fan!! She is good for the women's game due to the class that she exudes. She never has a bad thing to say about a player that has literally rung her neck. I would tell Caitlin just keep doing what you're doing cause America is behind her. I would be willing to bet she has more fans than all the WNBA teams combined.

She's also good for TV, sponsorships (been in the WNBA less than 2 months and already has a 5 million dollar net worth), and society as a whole.
This is the best explanation I’ve seen of why the fever are the “wrong team”

Reaction Score
Thats awesome!!!

An while we are on CC I'm so sick of the whining about her being left off of the USA roster.

Bottom line it would not have been fair to pick her over players that attended the mandatory mini camps. Not to mention that people are crying over the fact that her shooting percentages should have gotten her in... yet Arike has better percentages and did not make it either!

Ok ... rant over!!!!
Not just mini camps. Clark as turned down other invites to represent USA basketball in other capacities the last 4 years. The college player fifa team in second last season and would have been a great opportunity to play for USA basketball again but she had other priorities. Which is fine but you can’t expect to be prioritized over others for the OLYMPIC team in that case.

Reaction Score
Not just mini camps. Clark as turned down other invites to represent USA basketball in other capacities the last 4 years. The college player fifa team in second last season and would have been a great opportunity to play for USA basketball again but she had other priorities. Which is fine but you can’t expect to be prioritized over others for the OLYMPIC team in that case.
That's not entirely accurate. She was part of the U19 squad in 2021. MVP if I recall correctly.

Reaction Score
That's not entirely accurate. She was part of the U19 squad in 2021. MVP if I recall correctly.
Ah I thought that was in 2020. Either way the point stills stands, it’s been a while since she’s shown up for USA basketball events so getting picked for the Olympic team was always going to be unlikely.

Reaction Score
Geno didn’t speak very clearly. He was pretty clearly irritated by the situation and sympathetic to Caitlin. But he stumbled over a few statements and they came out almost as critical of her. One thing that’s obvious is he doesn’t think the fans and some of the sportswriters are making things easy for her.

And when he said the Fever was the wrong team he didn’t mean Caitlin had made a mistake or had chosen badly. He merely meant that she didn’t get a great draw. The Fever is not in a position to make the most of her talents, at least not yet. This is ironically highlighted by Kate Martin’s quite fortunate placement with the Aces.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom