Geno Media Remarks Transcript | The Boneyard

Geno Media Remarks Transcript

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Today: UConn's Geno Auriemma Meets Media With Plenty To Say Before National Title Game

A snippet:

"And we've tried to explain to them that old saying that Winston Churchill said, courage is grace under fire. It's not the absence of fear, it's being able to do what you have to do while you're afraid. And I think Stewy has been as good as anybody that's ever played basketball at being able to do exactly what she has to do while being afraid."

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What a great article, and some absolutely fantastic answers from Geno... I thought he gave a great answer and twist to the "is parity good for the game" question...

"But I think you're always going to have a dominant or two dominant teams that you need to have. If you've got four new teams every year, I don't know that it creates the national interest you want. There's always got to be somebody here that half the people want to win again and the other half can't wait for anybody but them to win."

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
There's always got to be somebody here that half the people want to win again and the other half can't wait for anybody but them to win."

That explains why there are two categories of blue chip recruits: (1) those who want to come to Storrs and play for UConn :) and (2) others who want to go elsewhere to try to beat UConn.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom