Geno may have created his own hell! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno may have created his own hell!

Reaction Score
Geno was wrong, well.... half wrong, about the worst game UCONN has ever played. I remember a game with Tina Charles, Maya Moore and Tiffany Hayes where they only scored 12 points in the first half against Stanford in the 2010 N.C. game.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
For staters you misquoted Geno. He said worst "effort" in 32 years not worst "game". Regardless of what players are on the floor the effort should remain constant.
100% effort in every drill and on every play is and has always been the UCONN standard.
How do any boneyard members know what the "UCONN standard" is? How many of you have actually watched Geno run his team through drills. My guess would be around 1%.

I go to espn.com every day to check in on women's basketball. I remember looking one day and seeing the name "UCONN" in the far right column and I thought, "Oh, Gawd, who is transferring from the team now." It was AEH. I thought this a bit odd because I came across a video of Geno talking to some media types in some hallway saying, "...you know, she's a really good basketball player" and he was referring to AEH.

I remember watching one game and AEH was at the bottom of my tv screen, with her back to the tv camera, letting a shot fly out from beyond the 3-point line and thinking, damn, that is one nice looking, smooth shooting stroke she has, kind of like KML. And I smiled. I never read the thread on her departure from the team but I think Geno has "felt the heat." He may very well be thinking, ya know, maybe I made a mistake here, maybe I could have said this or that, and now he is scrambling to make up for her loss. Yeah, I think Geno screwed up.

Reaction Score
Wait a minute...are some you saying or implying that the original post was a serious post? Geez, I thought it was a funny, sarcastic type post. Like Geno "accidentally" screwed up his players or was surprised with what happened when he changed the line up.
Geno didn't Accidentally ---screw up his players. And MY original post was with all my deep seated beliefs. (now that first line can be read many different ways---pick one..

Reaction Score
How do any boneyard members know what the "UCONN standard" is? How many of you have actually watched Geno run his team through drills. My guess would be around 1%.\
Darn---I thought watching and listening and seeing geno runs his women through their tasks---would rise above ONE percent. What a waste of 30 years, huh?
A few can beat that number.

I go to espn.com every day to check in on women's basketball. I remember looking one day and seeing the name "UCONN" in the far right column and I thought, "Oh, Gawd, who is transferring from the team now." It was AEH. I thought this a bit odd because I came across a video of Geno talking to some media types in some hallway saying, "...you know, she's a really good basketball player" and he was referring to AEH.

I remember watching one game and AEH was at the bottom of my tv screen, with her back to the tv camera, letting a shot fly out from beyond the 3-point line and thinking, damn, that is one nice looking, smooth shooting stroke she has, kind of like KML. And I smiled. I never read the thread on her departure from the team but I think Geno has "felt the heat." He may very well be thinking, ya know, maybe I made a mistake here, maybe I could have said this or that, and now he is scrambling to make up for her loss. Yeah, I think Geno screwed up.

I doubt Geno is "scrambling" to replace AEH--Geno does not cut off his right leg to make his left leg happy. If AEH were a big part of his on going plan, she'd still be on board.
I am/was an AEH fan. I think she had potential and from what I saw of her in a game or 2, she was fearless.
I won't go into what "that video" said or implied---all that is much too personal for the BY. I won't go into what Geno supposedly told some supporers--that is deeply personal.
If she belonged and wanted to work to stay---she'd be in a UConn uniform of that I believe. I don't drink Geno kool aid--I don't think he is God--but one thing of which I am certain--Geno is not the devil. I don't like some things he does--there are other things with which you cannot deny.
But one thing is certain--with me winning 11 NC's cuts off no discussion--but it may being one. An OPEN Forum should allow all honest discussions--for or against UConn pr GEno.--the kids are off limits, that I understand.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom