Geno Leaving; well no, but what if? | The Boneyard

Geno Leaving; well no, but what if?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess this is the bottom of the barrel of off season boring time. So what if Geno flat out said "That's it?" As of right now whom would you pick to replace him, assuming CD wants to stay in the shadows? Don't speculate whether the preson would want the job, or couldn't break contract, just choose your best.

I would take Shea. I think she would be tough enough, has the passion and enough experience to keep the tradition going. She's pretty young, but I really like her attitude.

You're choice?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The darkest of dark horses is Marissa, heir (not apparent) either #1 or CD's job in my opinion.
There something about her intelligence and personality that impresses me.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Sorry, Sonny - not up for scenarios like this on a beautiful summer day, when I prefer counting down to when practice can start. Like Rady, I choose to not think about it.

Reaction Score
I guess this is the bottom of the barrel of off season boring time. So what if Geno flat out said "That's it?" As of right now whom would you pick to replace him, assuming CD wants to stay in the shadows? Don't speculate whether the preson would want the job, or couldn't break contract, just choose your best.

I would take Shea. I think she would be tough enough, has the passion and enough experience to keep the tradition going. She's pretty young, but I really like her attitude.

You're choice?
How about Jen Rizzotti.

Reaction Score
Maybe Geno will hang around long enough for Maya to take over. Could
you imagine Maya Moore sitting in your living room recruiting you? That
would be impressive.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
In a video interview posted here this summer the great Dianna Taurasi expressed an interest in coaching. Were she to succeed Geno the post-game pressers, etc., would not miss a beat!! Seriously, she has a great basketball mind, but I know there is little likelihood she could get the requisite experience before Geno says it is time for me to hit the links el permenanto. My money is still on Rizz, though recently she said something in an interview tat made me think she is content to stay at the level she's at.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I believe that Diana becomes available to launch her coaching career after the 2016 Olympics.

Where? Nobody knows, but you can bet the farm that Geno will be involved with her transition, somehow.

Reaction Score
IMHO, Geno will depart after 2016 Gold and NC # 11 and Stewie gets #4...............

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Becky Hammon. If you can't learn under Geno, then second best would be Pop.

Reaction Score
I hope Geno got in him at least 10 more years of coaching and then we can have DT as the head coach with Sue B. as the associate head coach and Maya and Tina as assistant coaches. Who will not want to be coached by 4 of the all time greatest WBB players of all time

Reaction Score
Shea or Jen, depending if Jen wants to put in the long hours, which would take her away from her family.

Reaction Score
While her interviews would be as interesting as Geno's, I would love to see what DT could do as a coach and recruiter.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
In 10-15 years, DT with Birdie and the Mayan on either side.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This is the worst of the "what ifs" IMO.
I chose to not think about it
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
meyers7 said:
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

I know what you are doing - you are picking on me...

;)

And I didn't choose not to decide. I just chose not to think about it.

:p

Last edited:

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Shea Ralph, she knows the history and tradition, she has the gravitas as player and is instrumental in recruiting. She has coaching experience and wouldn't need the OJT of DT, Sue Bird or any current player mentioned. Big name splashy hires of former players to coach rarely pan out for Universities, especially in CBB. Shea is ready to live and coach in the rarified air that Geno always talks about.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Useless topic that we cannot control and no one cares what we think. It will happen. When is the only question. I would want the most qualified coach available without regard to affiliation. This makes upteen summers someone has brought up this subject and there is no meaningful answer.

Reaction Score
In a video interview posted here this summer the great Dianna Taurasi expressed an interest in coaching. Were she to succeed Geno the post-game pressers, etc., would not miss a beat!! Seriously, she has a great basketball mind, but I know there is little likelihood she could get the requisite experience before Geno says it is time for me to hit the links el permenanto. My money is still on Rizz, though recently she said something in an interview tat made me think she is content to stay at the level she's at.
I can't even imagine Dianna. I think she'd turn off a lot of would be recruits and their families because she is 10 times as abrasive as Geno at his worst. She's so cocky and arrogant (or at least appears to be) and I don't feel she has the makeup to handle anyone that doesn't play the game the way she feels it should be. Please don't compare her attitudes and intensity with Geno. Geno has appreciably more finesse and he knows who he can needle and push and who needs a different approach. I don't think Dianna is capable of the appropriate psychology to use to get what she would need out of a particular kid, the way Geno can and does. Give me Jennifer Rizzotti or Shea anytime over Dianna. As someone mentioned, Maya, down the road, would be a fantastic coach if she were interested. She has a wonderful temperament that would win over just about any recruit and their family and her basketball acumen is off the charts.

Reaction Score
Useless topic that we cannot control and no one cares what we think. It will happen. When is the only question. I would want the most qualified coach available without regard to affiliation. This makes upteen summers someone has brought up this subject and there is no meaningful answer.
Nice to have you out of hibernation, I think.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Isn't that the fun of being a sports fan, debating useless topics that you can't control and no cares what you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom