Geno lands #1 player in 2017 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno lands #1 player in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You're all morons.

I'm shocked he got Walker - I thought the AAC might be catching up with us and that she'd go to Notre Dame.

It's not that she's the best player in her class, she's been the best high school player in any class for the past three years or so.

Call me crazy, but I like good news involving UConn.

Count me in as crazy.

EDIT: I am pulling for the women's field hockey team also.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I'm secure and confident in my Uconn MBB
Manhood enough to give Geno and the girls their respect. I watch female cooking shows with my daughters immediately after watching NFL football . I am balanced.
Go UConn Women!!!!!

Reaction Score
Some of you nailed it , Damm proud of our women huskies and have been for a long time . Good news is good news. So it ain't the woman's board big deal. Getting Megan Walker is surely significant enough to get a shout out on the men's board .

Reaction Score
I am not a fan of women's basketball. I do wish them well however. It is their fans I can't stand. At the Civic Center in 2004 a couple behind me were talking about where Diana would be drafted in the NBA Draft that year. The wife said to the man she thought top 10. The guy said at least that high. Remember the Courant poll where 25 % of the respondents said the women would beat the men? Even Geno said they were idiots. And have the women ever committed a foul?

Reaction Score
I don't know why any UConn fan wouldn't be happy to learn of this.

This is going to sound horribly sexist, I realize, but I mean it as a complement: if you blurred out her head in the video above, you would think we were watching video of a 5-star male recruit. I always felt the same way about Taurasi, who I love. I think it's even more pronounced with this girl. The handle, the physical strength, the way she moves, shoots, all of it.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
And a pretty damn good transfer from Kentucky also?
Yes, I forgot Batouly Camera, a forward. Geno recruited her out of high school but she went to Kentucky. A surprising number of girls go somewhere else, thinking they're not good enough for UConn but this kid got a second chance and good for her.

I'm impressed, mau. Good on you for knowing this stuff.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You're all morons.

I'm shocked he got Walker - I thought the AAC might be catching up with us and that she'd go to Notre Dame.

It's not that she's the best player in her class, she's been the best high school player in any class for the past three years or so.

Call me crazy, but I like good news involving UConn.
Yeah, I thought she was Muffetized, too.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don't know why any UConn fan wouldn't be happy to learn of this.

This is going to sound horribly sexist, I realize, but I mean it as a complement: if you blurred out her head in the video above, you would think we were watching video of a 5-star male recruit. I always felt the same way about Taurasi, who I love. I think it's even more pronounced with this girl. The handle, the physical strength, the way she moves, shoots, all of it.
It's not sexist; it's a compliment and one I agree with. Geno always gave Taurasi his highest compliment, that she plays like a man. That's not sexist either because men are raised to think achievement in athletics is desirable while women aren't. She's special for reaching beyond the stereotype.

Reaction Score
Add her to two transfers coming next year.....one of which will compete for national player of the year and three other highly regarded freshmen coming in with her and lookout.
Does she know any good football plays? How's she look in red pants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom