Geno just tipped his hand on the starting lineup. | The Boneyard

Geno just tipped his hand on the starting lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
He just subbed Hartley for Doty after only 3 minutes of play.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
How is that any different from last year when he always subbed Doty at the first media timeout?

1. He brought in a starter for her, not the 6th man.
2. It was before the media timeout.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
He also brought back Doty and played her major minutes to settle and steer an offense that could not quite grasp the concept of Marist packing the paint.

Reaction Score
1. Starter versus 6th man is semantic labels. Not a meaningful difference in the quality of player between Kaleena and Bria.
2. Still not any different from what occasionally happened last year

No one will be surprised if Hartley eventually replaces Doty in the starting lineup. but bringing Hartley in 3 minutes into a game isn't tipping anything. It is simply a continuation of a substitution pattern.

1. He brought in a starter for her, not the 6th man.
2. It was before the media timeout.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
1. Starter versus 6th man is semantic labels. Not a meaningful difference in the quality of player between Kaleena and Bria.
2. Still not any different from what occasionally happened last year

No one will be surprised if Hartley eventually replaces Doty in the starting lineup. but bringing Hartley in 3 minutes into a game isn't tipping anything. It is simply a continuation of a substitution pattern.

1. It might be semantics, but it's different.
2. You said at the 1st TV timeout. It was a full minute earlier.

I didn't say they were good differences....lol.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
He also brought back Doty and played her major minutes to settle and steer an offense that could not quite grasp the concept of Marist packing the paint.
It was very obvious to me last night that Caroline'spresence on the court was vital to steadying the O. I even commented on that to TJI.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It is clear that CD' runs and organizes the offense better than anyone else. As the season progresses that may change but Grandma is the best choice presently.

As to the significance of anything last night I'm with Scotter. What happened may simply have been Geno wanting more direct conversation with CD' in the game knowing she would understand and execute it.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It is clear that CD' runs and organizes the offense better than anyone else. As the season progresses that may change but Grandma is the best choice presently.

As to the significance of anything last night I'm with Scotter. What happened may simply have been Geno wanting more direct conversation with CD' in the game knowing she would understand and execute it.

I hope no one is thinking that I am dissing Doty.

But she was subbed for at 16:44. And didn't come back in until 11:08. I don't see that he took her out to have direct conversation with her unless it took him 5 1/2 minutes to do that.

It just appeared to me that he no longer is worried about her having to start so she is warmed up based on his sub pattern.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Didn't think so at all. Just didn't Agee at all with the importance of the moments you noted.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Geno and CD have a very tuff decision. You know what BB isnt far away from starting. Shes a spark plug if we ever had one on both sides of the ball. Dolsen and Stewart have to start. KML is putting stats in the book and her long range threat keeps defenses honest. Kelly is another stat monster and defensively is our best. So were down to Caroline and Bria. Bria is an AA guard, Caroline is a veteran. Both can put up points. IMO both coming off injuries means to me that Geno needs to rest both of them, so both will get as much playtime as health can allow. Dont forget he needs both of the healthly in March. Thats going to give BB and MJ alot of time and defensively theyre both devastating.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geno and CD have a very tuff decision. You know what BB isnt far away from starting. Shes a spark plug if we ever had one on both sides of the ball.
I disagree. BBis a player thatcan bring a change of tempo to the game. Let the starters do their thing while the opponents settle into a defensive groove. THEN bring in BB to change the game into a track meet while bringing fresh legs to the press. Devestating.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
BB is this year change up and rhythm changer.

Reaction Score
He's likely going to sit Stewart or Kaleena.

Not going to happen! You don't sit your two best players. I love Caroline, but lets get real , she in all probability will come off the bench once Bria is 100%. The starting five will be Stef, Kelly, Breanna, KML, and Bria as it should.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Not going to happen! You don't sit your two best players. I love Caroline, but lets get real , she in all probability will come off the bench once Bria is 100%. The starting five will be Stef, Kelly, Breanna, KML, and Bria as it should.
He only needs to sit one. He has sat his best player before.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Surprised no one has thought that perhaps he takes Caroline out to check the status of her knees....Geno said before the season they were going to keep a close eye on her because the knee situation varies from day to day. Also agree w/previous post that he takes her out to emphasize what needs to be done to stabilize the offense.

Caroline's knees may be wonky, but her basketball brain is firing on all cylinders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom