Geno = Jose? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno = Jose?

Reaction Score
And Luigi?
Luigi is a masculine Italian given name. It is the Italian form of the German name Ludwig, through the Latinization Ludovicus, corresponding to the French form Louis and its anglicized variant Lewis.

sun

Reaction Score
And Luigi?
Wiki mentions about the name Geno that it can be derived from a number of different names ending in "gino" including Luigino.
Who knows what his parents had in mind when they named him, or what the name on his birth certificate really is.
Geno may simply be his nickname, or maybe he legally changed his name to Geno, or his parents really did name him Geno.
Maybe it's short for Genius, or because he's related to a magical Genie?
That could explain why he likes to rub his hair so much, because it helps make his magical brain start working. :D

DerivedEugenio, or names ending in "gino" such as Ambrogino, Luigino, and Giorgino

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When Geno has positions to fill I think he feels more comfortable with int’l players than with the transfer portal.
Transfer portal talent may come with some baggage.
International talent 4 years (?) and a clean slate.
* I believe that International families feel comfortable with UCONN’s reputation as a safe place to allow their children to relocate to.
*The tight camaraderie of the team.
*A quality education.
*GENO personally shepherding them through.
Other reason, but these are my bullet points.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Who knows what his parents had in mind when they named him, or what the name on his birth certificate really is.

Everyone knows the name on Geno’s birth certificate.

Montella is a small, hardworking town located in the province of Avellino in the Campania region of Italy. It has endured for centuries thanks to its inexorable spirit, toughness and resilience—qualities also embodied by Luigi [Geno] Auriemma, who was born there on March 23, 1954.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom