Geno in Syracuse to Watch Breanna | The Boneyard

Geno in Syracuse to Watch Breanna

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
From Rich:

UConn-bound recruit Breanna Stewart had 18 points and 11 rebounds, surpassing 1,000 in her career, to lead Cicero-North Syracuse High to a 61-19 win over Liverpool today in its season-opener. Auriemma was in attendance, according to the Syracuse Post-Standard.
Stewart now has 1,620 career points and 1,007 rebounds.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Getting some experience playing severely overmatched opponents, apparently. I'm sure Geno was duly impressed. :)
That would be pretty much anyone she plays.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
From Rich:

UConn-bound recruit Breanna Stewart had 18 points and 11 rebounds, surpassing 1,000 in her career, to lead Cicero-North Syracuse High to a 61-19 win over Liverpool today in its season-opener. Auriemma was in attendance, according to the Syracuse Post-Standard.
Stewart now has 1,620 career points and 1,007 rebounds.

Bet she only played about 18 minutes.

Reaction Score
I've seen her at every XL center game we've played this year. Glad Geno was there for her. Going to love this kid.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I've seen her at every XL center game we've played this year. Glad Geno was there for her. Going to love this kid.
Agreed. It was especially good of her to come when Moriah was in town for her official visit. The fact that she's been around the program as much as she could be is important for us to hit the ground running next year when expectations are going to be so high. I hope the UConn coaches come to her games as much as they can. Geno himself making the effort even though she's already committed and signed sends a strong message to her as to her value.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
What are the rules? Now that Breanna is signed, sealed, and delivered, I'm guessing that Geno is allowed to talk and communicate with her as much as he wants, correct?

Reaction Score
Yes, he and the staff are open to communicate on health and workout programs after her HS season. What a find??

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Severely overmatched opponent? Like Seton Hall. It is good to see that they did not play down to the level of their opponent.

Yeah, Cicero was not challenged, but they will be in Phoenix. That should be more enlightening.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Heads-up: Cicero plays Nottingham High on Thursday. I would hope that the Syracuse Post Standard would carry result/box score the day after every game they play.

After Nottingham the next one is national #1 [in some polls] Bolingbrook in Arizona on the 19th.....pretty steep climb in that one. Four games in 4 days at the Nike event...yikes! I would think that would favor Bolingbrook over all other teams there given their depth...8 future D1's.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Reminds me of Bria, who attended many UConn games her senior year. It's a very good sign, that Breanna wants to see UConn a lot and be ready to go next year.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Coming from Cicero isn't the shortest drive in the world either. Plus, she'll probably be snowed in before long, so her getting here while the getting's good is great to see,

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We will have the best frontcourt in the history of WCBB next season . Stef 6'5, Heather 6'4, Kiah 6'3 and Breanna 6'4 and Morgan 6'2. Kiah and Breanna with wing spans, athleticism can run the floor. How do you defend this team? Its going to take alot for this team to lose a game for a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom