Geno in Croatia - Nika Muhl | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Geno in Croatia - Nika Muhl

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
What other coaches look for overseas talent? I think Baylor has or had an Australian. Does Jeff or Muffet look outside the U.S. for talent?
The Pac12, more than any conference I can think of, has the welcome mat out for foreign players. Oregon, OR St, UCLA and Stanford all come to mind. Outside of the Pac12, more and more teams have foreign-born players on their rosters including: Baylor, MS St & TN to name a few.

In the AAC, Jose's USF teams have been loaded with talented foreign-born players for a number of years now. I'm glad to see that Geno is finally back recruiting foreign-born players. As good as Sveta was, I worried that she had killed any desire in Geno to go after another foreign-born player. "I did not come 5000 miles to set pick!"

Reaction Score
The Pac12, more than any conference I can think of, has the welcome mat out for foreign players. Oregon, OR St, UCLA and Stanford all come to mind. Outside of the Pac12, more and more teams have foreign-born players on their rosters including: Baylor, MS St & TN to name a few.

In the AAC, Jose's USF teams have been loaded with talented foreign-born players for a number of years now. I'm glad to see that Geno is finally back recruiting foreign-born players. As good as Sveta was, I worried that she had killed any desire in Geno to go after another foreign-born player. "I did not come 5000 miles to set pick!"
Nurse was foreign born.....

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

"Damn foreigners!"

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The Pac12, more than any conference I can think of, has the welcome mat out for foreign players. Oregon, OR St, UCLA and Stanford all come to mind.

Washington St. was by far the most dependent on international recruits in recent years. With a new coach that may change, but many of them are still on the roster. Six different countries represented currently.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Canada is a foreign country? :rolleyes:
Trust me according to the NSA, Canada is most certainly a foreign country. This was a point on my clearance application I missed. I almost did not get my clearance to work in MCDonnell Douglas' top secret facility. Before all the digital trails we leave today they knew every date of every vacation we took to Canada. Also back then we did not have a credit card. Cash and carry. But they knew more than I remembered.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Stanford first foreign player I believe is Smith.
Miss St took Bibby, who is injured.
Syracuse took the good point guard from Australia, I wont try typing her name.
Aussies are very good skilled players and nearly all can shoot the 3pt shot.
Get some Roos, they have a good kick to them, mate.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Trust me according to the NSA, Canada is most certainly a foreign country. This was a point on my clearance application I missed. I almost did not get my clearance to work in MCDonnell Douglas' top secret facility. Before all the digital trails we leave today they knew every date of every vacation we took to Canada. Also back then we did not have a credit card. Cash and carry. But they knew more than I remembered.
I flew to Canada on business many times over 10-12 years. At that time, no passport was required. Clearing customs was a breeze, Canadians are exceedingly nice and, of course, everyone speaks English (even in Quebec). Hard to consider are northern neighbors as foreigners.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Whoa, Big Brother is watching.

I got detained at a border crossing into Canada for about 2 hours once. This was pre-9/11 and before passports were required. They were not excited about 4 20 something males traveling in a cruddy looking old camper van, figured we must be up to something. They stopped just short of strip searching us, but interviewed each of us separately and looked the van over closely.

Another time, right after 9/11 but before there was an absolute requirement for passports, I got into Canada no problem, but almost didn't get back into the U.S.

Reaction Score
I flew to Canada on business many times over 10-12 years. At that time, no passport was required. Clearing customs was a breeze, Canadians are exceedingly nice and, of course, everyone speaks English (even in Quebec). Hard to consider are northern neighbors as foreigners.
There was a time - mid 60’s through 80’s - when performing consulting work in Canada, you had to secure and wave all around a paper demonstrating that the Canadian employer had searched diligently and what you were getting paid for could not be performed at the same level by a Canadian. They were real protective of keeping Canadian work for Canadians.

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
With that photo, now we know exactly how tall Geno is...183cm.;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Washington St. was by far the most dependent on international recruits in recent years. With a new coach that may change, but many of them are still on the roster. Six different countries represented currently.
How many translators do they have on the coaching staff? ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom