Geno Goes Biblical | The Boneyard

Geno Goes Biblical

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“Everyone goes through rough spots,” Auriemma said. “Even baby Jesus [Mosqueda-Lewis] didn't make a jump shot today. She was the second coming, everyone’s already anointed her. She’s going to score 4,000 points … Good basketball players do things other than shoot the ball. They play well when they don’t make shots. And that’s a good sign for a young player.”

"I never said she was the second coming and I never had her scoring 4000 points and making everybody forget Maya Moore, Diana Taurasi and everybody else so all those people out there who are saying I am stupid for not starting her, I think she did it on purpose just to let everybody know that Coach has a pretty good plan."
LINK

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
" so all those people out there who are saying I am stupid for not starting her, I think she did it on purpose just to let everybody know that Coach has a pretty good plan."
LINK

You have to love a kid who looks out for her coach. Barring injuries I think we can let go of the idea that KML will be starting soon. Thus indicateth the lord.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
"I never said she was the second coming and I never had her scoring 4000 points and making everybody forget Maya Moore, Diana Taurasi and everybody else so all those people out there who are saying I am stupid for not starting her, I think she did it on purpose just to let everybody know that Coach has a pretty good plan."
LINK

Where is this quote? I didn't see it in the article.......I want to add it to my collection of Geno quotes but need to verify it......

Reaction Score
“ ... She’s going to score 4,000 points ... all those people out there who are saying I am stupid for not starting her,"
LINK

Further proof that Geno reads the Boneyard.

Plus he saw our request for some fresh material.
:)

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
LINK

Where is this quote? I didn't see it in the article.......I want to add it to my collection of Geno quotes but need to verify it......
Rich Elliot

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
“Everyone goes through rough spots,” Auriemma said. “Even baby Jesus [Mosqueda-Lewis] didn't make a jump shot today. She was the second coming, everyone’s already anointed her. She’s going to score 4,000 points … Good basketball players do things other than shoot the ball. They play well when they don’t make shots. And that’s a good sign for a young player.”

LINK

Well, Geno would know, wouldn't he? After all...

Cropped_front_transparent.gif

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
He, also, isn't enamored of the criticism of Kelly. Another indication that things are not changing soon.

“People go through periods where they don’t make shots,’’ UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. “So the thing you don’t want to do is you don’t want to get down on yourself and you don’t want to all of sudden start pressing and forcing shots. I think your mindset helps you make shots more than mechanics. I don’t think all of a sudden you lose your stroke. And she’s been shooting the ball really well since October. I think sometimes you get a little bit rushed. I think she settled down a little bit, just took normal shots and made a couple and still did all the other things she does.’’

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Plus he knows we thrive on Biblical exegesis! I still say...NAH...the seventh seal has been opened...there will be half an hour of silence.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
...because it was the seventh seal on a bottle of beer..

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
If Ingmar Bergman were a women's bball fan, he'd root for UConn.

Reaction Score

LINK
YA GOTTA LOVE,GENO'S SKILLS AT SAYING SO MUCH ON SO MANY LEVELS:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member