Geno - CPTV - and aura | The Boneyard

Geno - CPTV - and aura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geno just finished a great rundown on why the seats are not filled at all the games. For the most part, he addressed the "aura" surrounding the experience of being at the game........"You have to make people WANT to come to that experience...........not just the product you put on the floor.......it's the total experience of getting to the game and being at the game...........it isn't the fan/s fault, it is OUR fault".
The "our" meaning the marketers of the experience.

Not an exact set of quotes, but pretty darn close to the meat of what he had to say. As you know from a prior thread, I couldn't agree with him more.

Reaction Score
Geno just finished a great rundown on why the seats are not filled at all the games. For the most part, he addressed the "aura" surrounding the experience of being at the game........"You have to make people WANT to come to that experience...........not just the product you put on the floor.......it's the total experience of getting to the game and being at the game...........it isn't the fan/s fault, it is OUR fault".
The "our" meaning the marketers of the experience.

Not an exact set of quotes, but pretty darn close to the meat of what he had to say. As you know from a prior thread, I couldn't agree with him more.
You hit it. Did you notice that just about every point he brought up has been on the Boneyard, right down to the "52-inch HD TV."

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I think he also may have been sent my anecdote regarding the ticket-buying experience I went through trying to get decent seats to a low-profile game for my daughter and me. Made reference to the hoops people talk about having to jump through to get seats. At any rate, made me feel like someone might actually be listening.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think he also may have been sent my anecdote regarding the ticket-buying experience I went through trying to get decent seats to a low-profile game for my daughter and me. Made reference to the hoops people talk about having to jump through to get seats. At any rate, made me feel like someone might actually be listening.
To go to a basketball game, one should have to jump through HOOPS! :D

For track and field, on the other hand, you would have hurdles to overcome.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think Geno has been reading the Boneyard, too. The horde, the Times and now Geno.

Edit: or maybe Ally is squealing on us.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
I think Geno has been reading the Boneyard, too. The horde, the Times and now Geno.

That's the impression I got watching Geno on his show last night. One of the things that makes him so unique is his williness to talk openly about subjects that most other professional or college coaches would avoid, and to do it with a sense of humor.

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score
He was very refreshing. He pretty much mentioned every gripe I have. He also made a comment about MD's new arena and by doing so somewhat alluded to what a horrible venue Gampel is.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Edit: or maybe Ally is squealing on us.
Geno does not read the Boneyard. However, lots of people in the Athletic Dept and Women's Basketball Dept do.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Geno does not read the Boneyard. However, lots of people in the Athletic Dept and Women's Basketball Dept do.
I was teasing, Nan, that's why I added the Ally comment. But there have indeed been numerous media connections to the postings lately.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
The Boneyard, besides being a legend in it own "time," happens to be a refreshingly literate message board that goes WAY beyond the typical fan board. Thanks to participants from other programs, but especially because of Hoopstreams connections all across America with our fan base. As the commercial says, "...Priceless"

And the Mods and Nan, our Administrator, make it safe for non-technical participants to chip in!:)

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
He was very refreshing. He pretty much mentioned every gripe I have. He also made a comment about MD's new arena and by doing so somewhat alluded to what a horrible venue Gampel is.

Yup - and have you seen what financial trouble MD sports is in at the moment?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Like 87 million in the hole.
Maryland is running a big deficit. The arena, which is indeed very impressive, has the Comcast name all over it. The deficit would probably be much larger without Comcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom