Geno closing the gap with Tara for most wins by a coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno closing the gap with Tara for most wins by a coach

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The question then becomes who retires first. Does Tara feel strongly enough about the record to try and outlast Geno? Will the huge increase in travel for Stanford by joining the ACC affect her decision? Those trips to upstate NY, Pittsburgh, Boston, the Carolinas in winter might just be too much.
Everybody talks about how much travel Stanford suddenly has, but never mentions how much additional travel the rest of the ACC now has as well. Everyone is going to make that trip in the middle of the conference schedule.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Everybody talks about how much travel Stanford suddenly has, but never mentions how much additional travel the rest of the ACC now has as well. Everyone is going to make that trip in the middle of the conference schedule.
I believe most if not all of the other teams will only make the Bay Area trip every other year. Stanford, meanwhile, will be 2-3 time zones away for nearly half of their conference schedule.

I'll be curious to see how they perform in their games that start on Sunday at 9 a.m. Pacific time.

Reaction Score
I believe most if not all of the other teams will only make the Bay Area trip every other year. Stanford, meanwhile, will be 2-3 time zones away for nearly half of their conference schedule.

I'll be curious to see how they perform in their games that start on Sunday at 9 a.m. Pacific time.
The Pac12 used to schedule their games Friday-Sunday to reduce the number of road trips, and I imagine they'll do the same thing when Stanford moves to the ACC. Fly out on Thursday, play a couple of east coast games Friday-Sunday, then fly back to the west coast so they can be back in class Monday morning. During basketball season that would mean doing that about one weekend each month of the regular season. I don't think it's going to be that bad. UConn dealt with some pretty horrific travel schedules in the AAC too where they were seemingly always on the road, so it's not unprecedented.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The Pac12 used to schedule their games Friday-Sunday to reduce the number of road trips, and I imagine they'll do the same thing when Stanford moves to the ACC. Fly out on Thursday, play a couple of east coast games Friday-Sunday, then fly back to the west coast so they can be back in class Monday morning. During basketball season that would mean doing that about one weekend each month of the regular season. I don't think it's going to be that bad. UConn dealt with some pretty horrific travel schedules in the AAC too where they were seemingly always on the road, so it's not unprecedented.
If they play two games per road trip, that would likely mean at least four road trips over a roughly 9-week period.

I don't recall UConn ever having to travel more than one time zone away in the AAC. Our travel was roughly the same as it's been for, say, Notre Dame and Louisville in the ACC. What Stanford and Cal are facing next year is on another order of mileage and jet lag.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t get the sense that he’s going anywhere for a while! I expect him to coach four more years at least! He has put in a lot of effort to build his roster back up to where it is probably the best in the country and I believe he will want to coach this incredible group of young women before he leaves.

Reaction Score
Wasn't Tara's Stanford team who broke the two winningest series ?
If you're referring to all-time winning streaks, Stanford broke the 90-game one in Maya Moore's senior year. Morgan William & Miss. State broke the 111-game streak (the current record-holder) in the 2017 Final Four.
Stanford also broke the streak in between those, a 47 game win streak 2 games into Breanna Stewart's junior season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom