Geno changes one man's opinion | The Boneyard

Geno changes one man's opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghz

Reaction Score
I don't really see what changed his opinion about WBB. He had all these reasons why the sport didn't matter. So he finds out Geno isn't the biggest jerk in the world, and those reasons no longer matter?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
He mentioned that his opinion of WBB changed after Noel Johnson came to coach Midwestern State. I don't know the back story between him and Johnson, I will just take him at his word.

Perspective from afar and from up close are vastly different. It is nice that someone is open minded enough to realize that and allow for the change of heart.

Reaction Score
Perspective from afar and from up close are vastly different. It is nice that someone is open minded enough to realize that and allow for the change of heart.
I agree! And his points about Geno's coaching ability are spot on.

But I do wish he'd written at least one paragraph that's longer than one sentence. . .

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Seems to me he still devalues women's basketball players. I mean, does he ask if Coach K could be success on the women's side?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Seems to me he still devalues women's basketball players. I mean, does he ask if Coach K could be success on the women's side?

He does not, nor does he state the case for changing his opinion about women's basketball, only the mention that I pointed out. I was hoping someone had some insight to the statement that I lack.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There are also seven undefeated teams, not six:

1985-86 Texas
1994-95 UConn
1997-98 Tennessee
2001-02 UConn
2008-09 UConn
2009-10 UConn
2011-12 Baylor

Reaction Score
I like his comment about coach Mulkey having Brittney Griner. Can you imagine if we would have had Brittney playing the post for us for four years? But I always hate the fact that people try to devalue the coaching skills of coach Auriemma and women's basketball. Like he (and the coaching staff) just opens the gym door and throws the basketballs out there letting the ladies just go at it for two hours. Or like coaching women's basketball is easy compared to the men's game. When I hear folks try to devalue coach like that and women's basketball, it ticks me off. Coach can coach and coaching women's basketball is pretty tough, just like coaching men's basketball.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Remember Britney Griner said she was amazed at what she learned from Geno in the USA Basketball process.

Reaction Score
I don't really see what changed his opinion about WBB. He had all these reasons why the sport didn't matter. So he finds out Geno isn't the biggest jerk in the world, and those reasons no longer matter?

It should be clear who the biggest jerk in the world is---Gholson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin