Geno Bestows a Zinger on Crystal | The Boneyard

Geno Bestows a Zinger on Crystal

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That is a good one. I really feel for Crystal - between the concussion (I don't think she was ever 100% after she came back) to the 2 weeks off for the stress reaction, she's been unable to play being consistently physically and mentally healthy.

The fact that Geno feels she's in a good enough place to needle her is a good thing IMHO. Means he believes she's back and ready to face the rest of the season at 100%...

Reaction Score
This is one of his beauts!

“She never has a problem picking things up, she has a problem picking up her feet, moving them and breaking a sweat.”

\
Rocky---one of the best articles i've seen on the CuRREnt Dangerfield. She is a super talent--up to a point.
If Danger plays in the USC game --her time will depend on Uconn's ability to cover her only weakness==Defense. She isn't going to grow 10 inches--and that is an issue. The Temple game Tonya apparently told her team to go at Danger and take her to the hoop. She does not appear as quick as Moriah but it's coming. She is what she is--and she is learning--and willing to learn. I don't expect that she will get loads of PT before the tourney. If the foot pain is anywhere near where she said it was--the kid is in a world of hurt.

Reaction Score
That is a good one. I really feel for Crystal - between the concussion (I don't think she was ever 100% after she came back) to the 2 weeks off for the stress reaction, she's been unable to play being consistently physically and mentally healthy.

The fact that Geno feels she's in a good enough place to needle her is a good thing IMHO. Means he believes she's back and ready to face the rest of the season at 100%...

AS uncommon as it is--I agree with you. The concussion took it's toll. If her foot pain is any where near where it was initially--she is hurting.
Geno's jabs --are good--Shea apparently had a long sit down with her--that too is good. When it came to toughness--none could be as tough as Shea.

Reaction Score
Well, Kia..... maybe. But I hear ya. :)
Sorry- fellow Canuck--I plead temporary insanity!! Kia Nurse of course---the toughest. i'm not sure which really is the toughest--. Shea would go among the Bigs and somehow bring in the ball and go up through those trees and score--i have no idea how she at her size accomplished what she did.
Back to Kia--it must be her hockey (which every Canadian knows) that gave her her toughness--how could i forget!! Thanks

ii

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
You just get that feeling that somewhere along the way there is another "Baylor-like" explosion coming from Crystal. Perhaps on Feb. 13? The crowd at Gampel will be primed and ready to explode again when Crystal delivers in a big game, just like they did during the Baylor game.

Reaction Score
Geno has mentioned that Crystal came from a home family that's really strong. Now she has two such families. Look out next four years. She will be phenomenal.

Reaction Score
Shea sets the bar for toughness. I recall an article back in the day that described one of the team's first visits to a big football school - I think it was OSU. Shea was in the weight room and outlifting the football players who had no idea who she was!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From Paul Doyle in The Courant:

"Because she don't (sic) work hard at a it, plain and simple," Auriemma said. "[If] She works really, really hard, then she's a factor every night. Crystal's used to doing it a certain way that allowed her to get away with a lot of stuff in high school and she's finding out that that doesn't work necessarily in college. Everybody is different. Everybody progresses at their own rate. But if Crystal worked as hard a Kia Nurse, Crystal would a first-team All-American. But she doesn't, so she's not."

Coach is saying that Crystal needs for her effort to catch up with her talent.

Lou had 22 starts last year. It was around game #18 or #20 when things seemed to kick in for her. She was one of the best players in the nation for her last 10-12 games last year. Tomorrow will be game #16 for Crystal this season. She's been slowed by injuries, but I expect things to kick in for her soon. We had an uber-talented freshman in 2013 who caught on in March and proceeded to go on a tear, culminating in the first of her FOUR Final Four MOPs. I expect to see more of the kind of play we saw against Baylor.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
From Paul Doyle in The Courant:

"Because she don't (sic) work hard at a it, plain and simple," Auriemma said. "[If] She works really, really hard, then she's a factor every night. Crystal's used to doing it a certain way that allowed her to get away with a lot of stuff in high school and she's finding out that that doesn't work necessarily in college. Everybody is different. Everybody progresses at their own rate. But if Crystal worked as hard a Kia Nurse, Crystal would a first-team All-American. But she doesn't, so she's not."

Coach is saying that Crystal needs for her effort to catch up with her talent.

Lou had 22 starts last year. It was around game #18 or #20 when things seemed to kick in for her. She was one of the best players in the nation for her last 10-12 games last year. Tomorrow will be game #16 for Crystal this season. She's been slowed by injuries, but I expect things to kick in for her soon. We had an uber-talented freshman in 2013 who caught on in March and proceeded to go on a tear, culminating in the first of her FOUR Final Four MOPs. I expect to see more of the kind of play we saw against Baylor.
Smart observation.

Reaction Score
You just get that feeling that somewhere along the way there is another "Baylor-like" explosion coming from Crystal. Perhaps on Feb. 13? The crowd at Gampel will be primed and ready to explode again when Crystal delivers in a big game, just like they did during the Baylor game.

It is not IF---it is WHEN Crystal goes off on the next team(s). With her God given and Geno polished talent--are we to expect less?? Her Tulsa game--except for Baylor --was her best--not scoring, her GAME--she was on top of her GAME--passes -precise--defense--much better, and her mates knowing when to giver the help--in help defense. I'm pleased.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It is not IF---it is WHEN Crystal goes off on the next team(s). With her God given and Geno polished talent--are we to expect less?? Her Tulsa game--except for Baylor --was her best--not scoring, her GAME--she was on top of her GAME--passes -precise--defense--much better, and her mates knowing when to giver the help--in help defense. I'm pleases.
I really like Danger's game today, but I would rate it at #3 behind Baylor & Dayton (9 assists, 2 steels, 1 to).

Reaction Score
I really like Danger's game today, but I would rate it at #3 behind Baylor & Dayton (9 assists, 2 steels, 1 to).
Every one knows not to argue against Oldude!! I forgot the Dayton Game---however, since her off time with banged head and semi broken foot--(caveat) this was her best game..

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Crystal made 2 threes and dropped 6 dimes. I thought she looked comfortable. She's outstanding in the 2-man game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom