Geno at his best | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno at his best

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There is a Genuine Risk if we all continue with this Unbridled discussion to Eclipse our discourse on WBB. As a result, I suggest Real Quiet relative to further references to racehorses. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Ugh! These horse jokes are getting tacky
Well, it was originally intended to be a reference to the famous Alydar and Affirmed historic 1978 Tripple Crown races. Why the old dude, that we all know and love, added Bold Ruler to the mix is beyond me. Then others decided to ride along. So don't make me the Buckpasser on this. :D
___________________________________​

Here is a glimpse of their historic rivalry.

In 1978 Alydar dueled with Affirmed in all three legs of the Triple Crown he lost to his arch-rival by a combined total of less than two lengths. The 1978 Belmont Stakes, the third (and final) leg of the series, is considered by many as one of the most exciting races in the history of the sport. In that race, Alydar and Affirmed dueled side-by-side from the middle of the far turn all the way to the wire, with Affirmed barely holding on to win by a head to claim the Triple Crown.

Alydar just couldn’t get the best of Affirmed…until:

In their final meeting, Affirmed drifted in, forcing Alydar to be taken up on the backstretch. While Affirmed finished ahead of Alydar, the stewards decided to disqualify Affirmed from first to second, giving Alydar the final win.

Both are in the Horse Racing Hall of Fame.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, it was originally intended to be a reference to the famous Alydar and Affirmed historic 1978 Tripple Crown races. Why the old dude, that we all know and love, added Bold Ruler to the mix is beyond me. Then others decided to ride along. So don't make me the Buckpasser on this. :D
___________________________________​

Here is a glimpse of their historic rivalry.

In 1978 Alydar dueled with Affirmed in all three legs of the Triple Crown he lost to his arch-rival by a combined total of less than two lengths. The 1978 Belmont Stakes, the third (and final) leg of the series, is considered by many as one of the most exciting races in the history of the sport. In that race, Alydar and Affirmed dueled side-by-side from the middle of the far turn all the way to the wire, with Affirmed barely holding on to win by a head to claim the Triple Crown.

Alydar just couldn’t get the best of Affirmed…until:

In their final meeting, Affirmed drifted in, forcing Alydar to be taken up on the backstretch. While Affirmed finished ahead of Alydar, the stewards decided to disqualify Affirmed from first to second, giving Alydar the final win.

Both are in the Horse Racing Hall of Fame.

Alydar was much more successful in breeding so I guess he ended up "on top"

HGN

Reaction Score
Does anybody hear what he said right before that? Something about 2 in a row?
PV , I did hear that line....I even played it back a couple times to make sure I heard what I thought I heard. I think he was referring to 2 great recruiting classes. I do think he's headed in the right direction with the recruits already onboard.....BUT if he can get 2 more, 1 in particular , they may indeed be back to being bad for basketball. And good for UCONN.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Does this mean all future LOI's need to be signed and delivered to the Secretariat of UConn Basketball? (I couldn't resist).
Try a little self discipline. Please! ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom