Geno as a leader | The Boneyard

Geno as a leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Geno did a wonderful thing by claiming responsibility for the loss. That takes much of the stigma and sting off the players. It showed he has their backs.

After a year of never being satisfied with any of the players, he included himself in that category, showing that he is part of the team and it's not just the player who must accept the highest level of accountability.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
When I heard him, I didn't think he was claiming responsibility for the loss himself - he detailed a number of things about the game, and then he just made sure to also include his own mistake of subbing Kiah out at the end of reg.

To me he was saying there were any number of things that were less-than-perfect in this game, including a boneheaded move by [him]. He talked about Kelly's play for the first 37 minutes, not being Kelly-like, he talked about us standing around on offense, he talked about a whole bunch of things. He just made sure to own up for his own mistake as part of that process. But I agree that it was cool for him to do that--he was keepin' it real.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Yep. Didn't "throw his players under the bus" as they say...didn't say anything about the frosh coming in next year and saving the day...very classy. He expects them to take responsibility for things, and he takes responsibility for the things he can control.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Yep. Didn't "throw his players under the bus" as they say...didn't say anything about the frosh coming in next year and saving the day...very classy. He expects them to take responsibility for things, and he takes responsibility for the things he can control.

He did directly say that the upperclassmen, Kelly, Tiff, Caroline, "struggled" for much of the game. Again, he was just keeping it real - but you're right, it wasn't in the spirit of throwing anyone under the bus. Unless he was throwing himself under the tires as well...:cool: And definitely no mention of incoming recruits-as-saviors....

Reaction Score
It's a great that Geno accepted some responsibility. And there is plenty of mistakes to go around. I will always wonder after Kelly sank the 2 free throws with 8 sec left why in the world Geno did not call a TO to call a stop and calm his players down. I thought we won the game at that moment.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
There is a short Geno interview here with LaChina Robinson. Geno sounds just totally wasted. This one may haunt him for a bit. Fortunately he'll be focusing on the Olympics almost immediately.

Reaction Score
UCONN did not have their "A" game on Sunday night and ND took the opportunity to win the game. There were 15 or more plays that cuase UCONN to lose the game and not anyone player......Who could not be looking forward to October and early November?.......Geno said they will be in New Orleans for next years Final 4

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
With Stef and Kelly sitting most of the second half we still showed what champions we are and made a terrific comeback and with our defender standing in the lane growing roots and Diggins knocking her over and no call, will never sit right with me. I have to wonder if somebody knocked Novesel over when she was grabbing the rebound if they wouldve call it....you bet they would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom