Geno and Bobby in Chicago... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno and Bobby in Chicago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They both believe in making practice harder than games.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
They both believe in making practice harder than games.

Interesting that Chris Dailey said one of Stewie's problems was that she was trying to make practices easier than games and that led to some of her problems. CD said that's a common problem that young players need to overcome.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
That isn't how I recollect Larry Bird characterizing Knight.
How many games did Larry play for Coach Knight?
"People naturally think it was trouble between (Bobby) Knight and me, but it wasn't," Bird said. "The school was just too big. I was a homesick kid who was lost and broke."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
who here would like Bobby Knight if he wasnt friendly with Geno?
I would. Has always been my favorite coach, long, long before I ever heard of Geno. Yes, even with all his faults. (and he's got a bunch).

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Can't believe no one posted this quote yet:
“I’ve never recruited a kid that I could see had a bad attitude or that I thought would piss me off at some point.”-Geno Auriemma
Is he being facetious? The bad attitude sure, but he's telling us that he really believed when he was recruiting DT that she wouldn't "piss him off at some point"? Obviously, she became like a second coach to him, but I can't believe Geno ever recruited a player that he knew would not piss him off at some point unless he asked Mother Teresa if she had any of her eligibility left.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Can't believe no one posted this quote yet:
“I’ve never recruited a kid that I could see had a bad attitude or that I thought would piss me off at some point.”-Geno Auriemma

I don't know if Coach reads this board. But, its almost verbatim with points in the standard “Boneyard Screening Checklist” Moderators emailed me when I first asked the criteria for joining you guys. I'm just sayin.

ünever a kid (just act immature)

üattitude

ünow go piss off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members