General Women’s Basketball Forum - what a great idea! | The Boneyard

General Women’s Basketball Forum - what a great idea!

Reaction Score
When this thread was 1st started I found it pretty confusing. What was on this forum vs what got covered on the UConn side. In the beginning there were often overlaps. But over time it’s become pretty clear. Sure we still have a few topics covered in both areas, but that’s a pretty minor issue. I find it just wonderful to have so many knowledgeable women’s bb fans commenting. I love the “conference” threads, the team threads and the WNBA threads.

I’m wondering if there are any other places that women’s basketball gets such broad coverage and discussion from so many diverse fans? Thanks to the Boneyard administrators for providing so much joy to us women’s basketball fans!

Reaction Score
I am delighted by the success of this forum. I do welcome fans who support their teams and offer other perspectives than the ones we UConn fans have. The game has grown a lot this year and fans like the ones who are on this board have played an important role in ensuring the game grows in a responsible and exciting way.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Yet another opportunity to express my deep appreciation to the mods and site operators for dedicating their time, resources, and labor to maintaining this. Speaking from experience, I know being a mod is a thankless job, and they already have their hands full with the main Huskies board.

All that said, I'm not surprised - hard to think of a fan base that has done more to grow the women's game in general than the UConn crew. Thank you all for your service and camaraderie. :)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I thought it was a wonderful idea from the beginning. There are a LOT of posters, who are by and large very knowledgable and positive contributors, on the main forum. And this gives them the opportunity to post about the teams they love without suffering the wrath of posters who are exclusively interested in UConn. I'm becoming more and more interested in women's college basketball in general, so I find the general forum a valuable resource.

And it puts a human face on the fans of the various and sundry evil empires. :p

Reaction Score
A true WBB fan will have at least some interest in other teams being that they might end up playing them in the NCAA's. I always admired the UConn site, even before the addition of this part of the forum, because there was always less resistence to other team information. With out a doubt the UConn boneyard was the place to go to get information.

Reaction Score
Yes. This was a great idea, loved it from the beginning. Where else on the internet can fans of High Point, UNCG, NCA&T, Presbyterian and Duke come together in peaceful harmony?
happy lance bass GIF by The Meredith Vieira Show

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yes. This was a great idea, loved it from the beginning. Where else on the internet can fans of High Point, UNCG, NCA&T, Presbyterian and Duke come together in peaceful harmony?
And Elon. What has that Tar Heel done to my Phoenix? :(

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And Elon. What has that Tar Heel done to my Phoenix? :(

They are in a tough position. Do you fire the coach who brought them to their highest of highs... Even though that was five years in the past? They had 17 wins in 2023, but went back to struggling last year.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I thought it was a wonderful idea from the beginning. There are a LOT of posters, who are by and large very knowledgable and positive contributors, on the main forum. And this gives them the opportunity to post about the teams they love without suffering the wrath of posters who are exclusively interested in UConn. I'm becoming more and more interested in women's college basketball in general, so I find the general forum a valuable resource.

And it puts a human face on the fans of the various and sundry evil empires. :p
I think you're used to at least one of those "evil empires" by now....;)

I was at my niece's wedding on Saturday and Sunday and while I kinda/sorta remember there were varying reasons for this "General Thread's" formation, I think it's grown into a meeting place for those that like Women's Basketball. On the collegiate side, most of us have our varying interests, but even then, there's some superb give and take regarding matters in conferences. And this is the place for the increasingly "general manager" talk that goes on immediately following the announcement of the NCAA field.

Plus, it's one-stop shopping for the WNBA (would like to see more of a outward focus on the Euro and International leagues, but that falls during collegiate season).

Will echo the props to board administrators, but would like to give a huge shout out to all those who keep the threads in this area hopping, both in formation and discussion. It's a friendly place, by and large, and that's another reason why I come here most days.

Reaction Score
To piggy back on @Dillon77 's post, that's why I come to this board.

Love sports and women's college basketball. I don't have many in my network of friends who can talk to the level posters do here on the board.

Also have gotten good history lessons on the different conferences and players I may not be aware of. It's helped to expand my knowledge and appreciation for the sport.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom