Gavitt proposes starting hoops season early | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gavitt proposes starting hoops season early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Taiwan has been allowing fans into their baseball games since early May. They've increased capacity since then, and allowed fans to sit in their seats with *no mask*

New Zealand had rugby matches with full stadiums.

WE CAN DO THIS TOO!

It requires everyone doing their job.

Reaction Score
Taiwan has been allowing fans into their baseball games since early May. They've increased capacity since then, and allowed fans to sit in their seats with *no mask*

WE CAN DO THIS TOO!

I hope this is true and it can happen, but New Zealand was way out in front of this and has done a great job controlling it. Can only hope if we start now it happens here as well

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Bottom line is there will not be a season this year. The conference only play is a bunch of BS. May have seen the last of a few guys in UConn uniform including Bouknight. Would have been a fun year. Frankly, this will still be around next year even with a vaccine and we will need to decide how comfortable we are living with it
If season is cancelled I think Bouk stays, hes still young and could use the time to improve draft stocks. Some draft boards I look at don't have him getting drafted at all. I sort of think that the season he is projected to have by people in the UConn community is what gets him going first round. He needs one more big year.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

WE CAN DO THIS TOO!

I hope this is true and it can happen, but New Zealand was way out in front of this and has done a great job controlling it. Can only hope if we start now it happens here as well

New Zealand is about the size of Colorado with 80% of the country being uninhabited. The United States is 3,500% larger than NZ and only around 50% of the US is uninhabited. Most of that being Alaska.

NZ has been able to control the virus because they are a country of two beautiful, tiny islands and 500 even tinier islands. There are very few densely populated areas which has allowed them to test citizens at a high percentage and they have established fenced in quarantine facilities for anyone entering the country.

Great policies, not possible here.

Absorb all that and then add in that Taiwan is 5 times smaller than New Zealand.

There's no way to realistically believe we could attack this the same way. We're fighting the same enemy but we're in a much, much larger and more complicated battle.

EDIT: On a related but lighter note:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
New Zealand is about the size of Colorado with 80% of the country being uninhabited. The United States is 3,500% larger than NZ and only around 50% of the US is uninhabited. Most of that being Alaska.

NZ has been able to control the virus because they are a country of two beautiful, tiny islands and 500 even tinier islands. There are very few densely populated areas which has allowed them to test citizens at a high percentage and they have established fenced in quarantine facilities for anyone entering the country.

Great policies, not possible here.

Absorb all that and then add in that Taiwan is 5 times smaller than New Zealand.

There's no way to realistically believe we could attack this the same way. We're fighting the same enemy but we're in a much, much larger and more complicated battle.

EDIT: On a related but lighter note:

Oh yeah, completely different population densities of the US and NZ. Just saying because they're playing sports with fans doesn't mean it should happen here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom