Gavin Edwards 13 years later | The Boneyard

Gavin Edwards 13 years later

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Still playing in Japan.
Just coming back from missing 6 weeks with a broken thumb.
Edwards averaged 5 points a game for his UConn career, but finished strong averaging over 10 point and 6 boards a game as a senior in 2009/10, including a career high 17 points and 13 boards against Louisville.

Reaction Score
Awesome to see...also, that hair

buddy baker yes GIF

Reaction Score
Doesn't the fan-base have a love hate relationship with Gavin. I liked him, but wasn't he a factor on our APR troubles?

Reaction Score
Back when guys stayed with a program for four years, worked hard and then had excellent senior seasons.

It was really great to see. Nowadays it's instant gratification or transfer.

Reaction Score
Doesn't the fan-base have a love hate relationship with Gavin. I liked him, but wasn't he a factor on our APR troubles?
"This is what happens when you ban us"
-Shabazz Napier

People forgot about the APR situation after 2014.

I think a big part of the problem was that the administration didn't really understand how APR worked and how to game the system like every other school was doing.

Reaction Score
"This is what happens when you ban us"
-Shabazz Napier

People forgot about the APR situation after 2014.

I think a big part of the problem was that the administration didn't really understand how APR worked and how to game the system like every other school was doing.
I think the school has better support for the players now than they did then. Hard to believe a player like him who stays four years wouldn't be on course to graduate these days.

Reaction Score
I don't think so. The troubles were from 2007. I think it's more one family member on Twitter seems a bit salty about Calhoun.

Reaction Score
Gavin was one player I saw around campus and off-campus a lot when I was a student and he always seemed like a low-key, down-to-earth guy. Glad to see he's still making money playing ball.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I don't think so. The troubles were from 2007. I think it's more one family member on Twitter seems a bit salty about Calhoun.

I distinctly remember Gavin's departure being part of the issue. I never blamed him, though.

Reaction Score
That's how I remember it. I was in the same class as Gavin and I remember hearing that he and at least one other guy who stayed all four years (Mandeldove?) somehow left without graduating which had a huge negative impact on our APR.

It's possible I heard wrong but that was the word around campus at the time.

Reaction Score
I remember always wishing Gavin was a little bit more aggressive, he seemed very timid at times.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That's how I remember it. I was in the same class as Gavin and I remember hearing that he and at least one other guy who stayed all four years (Mandeldove?) somehow left without graduating which had a huge negative impact on our APR.

It's possible I heard wrong but that was the word around campus at the time.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Our academic issues were kind of a storm back then…we had a bad combo of kids leaving for the pros and Calhoun slowing down in recruiting which led to more reaches in terms of academics and talent….those reaches generally did not work out and they ended up leaving which meant a bunch of 0/2s,

Really, Calhoun took his eye off the ball and the NCAA (Emmert) saw an opening to create a splash by retroactively applying a standard that we could not meet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom