Gary Parrish Predictions for Next Season's Top25+1 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gary Parrish Predictions for Next Season's Top25+1

Reaction Score
He trashed uconn throughout the tourney on his podcast, until he couldn't any longer. Very skeptical. Also, he's quite the name dropper.
But...I continued to listen him.
I didn't listen to his podcasts but he wrote this during the tournament so maybe he came to his senses.

He picked UConn in both Final Four games but predicted Miami and SDSU would cover. Sometimes his predictions are just his schtick to be different so people notice him. For example, before the championship game he predicted UConn was going to win but he wanted a good game because UConn was killing everyone and he thought that would be boring. So he predicted SDSU to cover and said he was "hoping" for that for the sake of entertainment.

Reaction Score
I thought UConn got a lot of love from Parrish and Norlander in the lead-up and during the tournament. I think even Parrish himself would own the title of "doofus," but the idea that he hates, or hated, us is a little weird.

Reaction Score
call us #25 or #24 - that’s great. I don’t want expectations on next year’s team. We’re not number 1 going into the season / and, apart from maybe 99 or 04 - that’s appropriate. Yes, the culture is built, but I see us as an elite 8 team at this point.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Samson Johnson is the classic "whole is less than the sum of the parts" recruit who looks amazing in workouts, seems to have a lot of "tools," but struggles to make an impact in a 5 on 5 setting. Think Majok. A guy like Karaban is basically the opposite.

I hope I'm wrong because, without help from the portal, he's going to play a significant role backing up the 4 and 5 for 15-20 mpg.
I know you’re aware of this, but Samson was in line to be a major rotation player until his injury knocked him out for 2+ months. It’s not crazy that we didn’t mess with our championship level rotation once he got back to health. I really think you can’t place this firm of judgement on him until we see what he gives us in a healthy season.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Why the Parrish hate?

Is he the guy that sold all the lies about UConn and Jim Calhoun violations?

Turned a 90 second phone call into 90 minutes

Said Calhoun contacted a recruit too often in violation of NCAA rules. But the recruit was a senior when Calhoun was contacting him, and that's not a violation. But the kid was reclassified as a junior, which would have been a violation. The hit man omitted convenient facts. He also questioned Calhoun's entire legacy (and I'm just scratching the surface)

If that was him, then he's pure scum. A low life, bottom feeding, lying POS. I think it was him

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
As someone who has never listened to a podcast before, help me understand why so many of you picked Gary Parrish to listen to. Who TF is Gary Parrish and why are you listening to him?

Reaction Score
He is. Edey isn't anywhere near the defender that Clingan is. Edey is lead footed and slow. It was one of the reasons he had trouble with FDU because Edey couldn't get out to the perimeter to defend pick and pops for 3 pointers and even the mid range.

If Edey had Clingan’s athleticism he would be a freak prospect. I meant more his impact as opposed to style. Devastating defense versus post play.

Reaction Score
My only concern with Clingan is stamina . He was great in 12-13 minute stretches but he has to ramp that up to 23-26 minutes a game. That sounds easy for an 18-19 year old but that kid is a huge human. being . I think you have to see in person to appreciate how big he is .,If he can sustain a high level for around 25 minutes . That’s still a 15 minute gap that needs filling.if the 5. coming in is a project then Samson will be playing starter minutes as a 4/5 sixth man .

Reaction Score
As someone who has never listened to a podcast before, help me understand why so many of you picked Gary Parrish to listen to. Who TF is Gary Parrish and why are you listening to him?
The CBS podcast is just one of the longest running basketball podcasts, so it has an element of inertia. There are more and more options these days though.

Reaction Score
My faith is in Daniel Hurley, period. The one thing I would like to know which no one knows but can maybe guess or project is how many minutes will the new recruits play and how productive might they be based on their HS careers?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Turned a 90 second phone call into 90 minutes

Said Calhoun contacted a recruit too often in violation of NCAA rules. But the recruit was a senior when Calhoun was contacting him, and that's not a violation. But the kid was reclassified as a junior, which would have been a violation. The hit man omitted convenient facts. He also questioned Calhoun's entire legacy (and I'm just scratching the surface)

If that was him, then he's pure scum. A low life, bottom feeding, lying POS. I think it was him
Wasn't that Pat Forde?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I thought UConn got a lot of love from Parrish and Norlander in the lead-up and during the tournament. I think even Parrish himself would own the title of "doofus," but the idea that he hates, or hated, us is a little weird.
Totally weird. Parrish is at worst neutral toward UConn and Norlander is very pro-UConn and pro-Big East.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I know Parrish hated JC, not sure anymore who wrote the hit piece

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Parrish is cool. Major Memphis tiger homer, but cool otherwise. CBS sports is normally pro UConn.

Reaction Score
No.

Wasn't that Pat Forde?
No.

This board is so strange sometimes. You both should be shot for posting that.

It was Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports. With assistance from Adrian Wojnarowski (a Connecticut guy from Bristol), who used this to move on to bigger things.

Reaction Score
The ceiling is limitless largely because I think Clingan can have an Edey like impact and our surrounding players are infinitely better than theirs were. Now we just need to find out exactly who they will be.
Hopefully better than the Edey impact that resulted in a loss to a 16 seed. :)

Reaction Score
Tate Frazier from OSP rides hard for the ACC (UNC specifically, but he's very "Team ACC"). He likes UConn as a team that was good in the '90s-'00s when he was coming up, but he's worried about the ACC losing their place in the pecking order of college basketball. UConn being good and raising the profile of the Big East is a threat.
I’m surprised you respect tate given his disdain and complete misunderstanding of how kenpom works. He was claiming kenpom kept adjusting the rankings during the tourney to “make himself look smarter”what?? The rankings are supposed to change after every game that’s the whole point.

Reaction Score
The one piece nobody tals about that Hurley thinks is an NBA prospect, Samson Johnson
Sorry SJ didn’t see any significant playing time in tourney. Love Karaban but a few more minutes…

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sorry SJ didn’t see any significant playing time in tourney. Love Karaban but a few more minutes…
Karaban was the one player without a true back-up on the team. He played a ton of minutes. People still don't know how good he is.

Reaction Score
Reconsidered after the Jackson and Newton departures, and still #1. Though he's assuming both return

2 lottery picks and an All-Conference level guy in Karaban? #1 seems reasonable to me

Reaction Score
Reconsidered after the Jackson and Newton departures, and still #1. Though he's assuming both return

But the Boneyard told me Parrish hates UConn!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom