Gary Parrish Predictions for Next Season's Top25+1 | The Boneyard

Gary Parrish Predictions for Next Season's Top25+1

Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
1. Gary Parrish is still a doofus.

2. UConn will be good and mentioned in everyone's "Top Whatever" for next season.

3. Regardless of the actual placement of UConn on those lists, it will be high on those lists and the publicity from being on those lists is all good.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
1. Gary Parrish is still a doofus.

2. UConn will be good and mentioned in everyone's "Top Whatever" for next season.

3. Regardless of the actual placement of UConn on those lists, it will be high on those lists and the publicity from being on those lists is all good.
Why the Parrish hate?

Reaction Score
Why the Parrish hate?
He trashed uconn throughout the tourney on his podcast, until he couldn't any longer. Very skeptical. Also, he's quite the name dropper.
But...I continued to listen him.

Reaction Score
He trashed uconn throughout the tourney on his podcast, until he couldn't any longer. Very skeptical. Also, he's quite the name dropper.
Also, he has millions of other opinions about other things that suck.

Reaction Score
Also, he has millions of other opinions about other things that suck.
Yeah, I noticed that. He is pretty high on his pedestal. But I love to listen guys like that. Getting trolled on the internet is 1 thing but I gotta hand it to someone who will stir the pot publicly- face with a name.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
No he didn’t. He picked UConn to go to the final 4. The whole every national analyst has a bias against UConn is beyond played out.

They showed us a ton of love on the podcast when we won.

Reaction Score
Yeah I don't remember the trashing. He was all about saying if you sort the data on Torvik UConn is #1 team for last couple months or whatever before the tourny started. He might've picked Gonzaga to win or whatever I don't remember, but on paper that and Kansas should've been good, tossup games.
Yeah, I noticed that. He is pretty high on his pedestal. But I love to listen guys like that. Getting trolled on the internet is 1 thing but I gotta hand it to someone who will stir the pot publicly- face with a name.
Over the years he's really mastered his shtick. He used to be insufferable and now I think he's pretty funny. But maybe it's me who changed lol.

Reaction Score
The ceiling is limitless largely because I think Clingan can have an Edey like impact and our surrounding players are infinitely better than theirs were. Now we just need to find out exactly who they will be.

Reaction Score
No he didn’t. He picked UConn to go to the final 4. The whole every national analyst has a bias against UConn is beyond played out.

They showed us a ton of love on the podcast when we won.
Ah, You're right. He had Houston beating us I think. Maybe I was thinking about Norlander. I think he may have questioned us. I don't think the media hates uconn but I think that there was skepticism from many places. The one shining podcast was pretty hard to listen to.
I don't agree with GP on a lot, but I don't hate.

Reaction Score
Not sure where you’re getting this…I listen to his podcast consistently and don’t remember him ever “trashing” UConn.

Reaction Score
Ah, You're right. He had Houston beating us I think. Maybe I was thinking about Norlander. I think he may have questioned us. I don't think the media hates uconn but I think that there was skepticism from many places. The one shining podcast was pretty hard to listen to.
I don't agree with GP on a lot, but I don't hate.
Tate Frazier from OSP rides hard for the ACC (UNC specifically, but he's very "Team ACC"). He likes UConn as a team that was good in the '90s-'00s when he was coming up, but he's worried about the ACC losing their place in the pecking order of college basketball. UConn being good and raising the profile of the Big East is a threat.

He and Titus (now with Barstool) are both big on narratives and were talking up UConn last season (or maybe it was 2 years ago) when they were covering the BET for Fox. Lots of "UConn is back" in the Big East and Dan Hurley rules, etc.... and then they got burned hard by our lack of postseason success. There was likely some residual skepticism and "fool us once..." from both of them.

Reaction Score
The one piece nobody tals about that Hurley thinks is an NBA prospect, Samson Johnson
Samson Johnson is the classic "whole is less than the sum of the parts" recruit who looks amazing in workouts, seems to have a lot of "tools," but struggles to make an impact in a 5 on 5 setting. Think Majok. A guy like Karaban is basically the opposite.

I hope I'm wrong because, without help from the portal, he's going to play a significant role backing up the 4 and 5 for 15-20 mpg.

Reaction Score
Tate Frazier from OSP rides hard for the ACC (UNC specifically, but he's very "Team ACC"). He likes UConn as a team that was good in the '90s-'00s when he was coming up, but he's worried about the ACC losing their place in the pecking order of college basketball. UConn being good and raising the profile of the Big East is a threat.

He and Titus (now with Barstool) are both big on narratives and were talking up UConn last season (or maybe it was 2 years ago) when they were covering the BET for Fox. Lots of "UConn is back" in the Big East and Dan Hurley rules, etc.... and then they got burned hard by our lack of postseason success. There was likely some residual skepticism and "fool us once..." from both of them.
That makes a ton of sense. It was an interesting listen when they joined the "blue blood" discussion post tourney. And they did sound a little threatened, ha. It was pretty entertaining

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Samson Johnson is the classic "whole is less than the sum of the parts" recruit who looks amazing in workouts, seems to have a lot of "tools," but struggles to make an impact in a 5 on 5 setting. Think Majok. A guy like Karaban is basically the opposite.

I hope I'm wrong because, without help from the portal, he's going to play a significant role backing up the 4 and 5 for 15-20 mpg.
He never got comfortable on the court this season but remember he and Hawk were the best players in the secret scrimmages according to coaches. Not to mention, the coaches really wanted him to stay around so I’d imagine they very much believe he’ll be able to have an impact.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
My take is Hurley did a masterful job keeping him confident. With the time he missed and no matter how he came back his minutes would have been limited so he would have pressed because he would know he was only going to play a few minutes. That could have been a recipe for disaster for SJ. Instead he probably was in his ear all the time letting him know he was going to be a big part of next years team. You can tell he has tools and is super long. Hurley did a masterful job of playing the long game with him and I think next year we will see a confident SJ who waited for his time to shine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom