Gary Blair quotes... | The Boneyard

Gary Blair quotes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
As per John A.:

“If I'm UConn, I can't wait for us to come in, because right now, we've got to become a better basketball team," said Blair after the game. "Right now, we've got a team full of excuses. We've got to find the solutions."

LINK

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
It's tough being the hunted, and GB is smart enough to realize that. Like Geno, he's savvy about saying the right things to the media to motivate his team.

I'm still gonna be nervous about this game. A&M is capable of playing better than they did against Purdue. It's possible the Aggies were looking ahead and didn't take Purdue seriously enough. UConn will get A&M's best game. Is that good enough? If UConn comes in focused and ready to defend its turf, no, I don't think so. But this isn't a shoe-in.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It's tough being the hunted, and GB is smart enough to realize that. Like Geno, he's savvy about saying the right things to the media to motivate his team.

I'm still gonna be nervous about this game. A&M is capable of playing better than they did against Purdue. It's possible the Aggies were looking ahead and didn't take Purdue seriously enough. UConn will get A&M's best game. Is that good enough? If UConn comes in focused and ready to defend its turf, no, I don't think so. But this isn't a shoe-in.
They are just not a very good shooting team and they haven't seen a defense like Uconn's although I was impressed with Purdue's defensive effort.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score

+1

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This was my thought, too. I don't know if I'm nervous, per se, but I know that A&M is not to be taken lightly no matter what happened to them the last game. I've seen UConn have lousy games then come out with a chip on its shoulder.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
It's often been said that an animal is most dangerous when wounded. I'm sure Geno will be sending that message to his team, telling them that A&M may be more dangerous now than if they'd beaten Purdue.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's often been said that an animal is most dangerous when wounded. I'm sure Geno will be sending that message to his team, telling them that A&M may be more dangerous now than if they'd beaten Purdue.
I agree. I hope the message sinks in. If so, I like our chances.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
not worried... a easy win at the XL Center

Reaction Score
The most important part of this game will be the 1st 5 to 7 min in each half and how TAM reacts to the pressure that Geno will put on their team come tip off........This game might get away early.........

Reaction Score
Smart classy post by the Coach and I agree that this should add fire to the team entering the game tomorrow!
The game will be National on ESPN! I cannot wait for it. Last season,before we lost to ND in the Final Four,I had thought and hoped that we would beat ND for the 4th time and then play and beat Texas A&M for the National Championship! I thought Geno and the team had done an incredible job getting to that point,given we did not have CD<Caroline>all season and lost Walker midseason. Maya carried this team<very short handed> to the brink and it was an incredible job! I thought we would beat ND and then win the NCAA Championship on Maya's back,very short handed,and having gotten everything from this team given the circumstamces! I think certain aspects of the game with ND and the other players ran out of gas/exhaustion due to circumstanses. This team with Maya and basically 5 other players amazed me to have gotten to this point!
I agree that Texas A&M will be fired up and SUSPECT we will be also. I do believe we will beat them and this will the game of the night! I hope CD is healthy and we will get a chance to see where we are at this point in the season.

Reaction Score
The most important part of this game will be the 1st 5 to 7 min in each half and how TAM reacts to the pressure that Geno will put on their team come tip off........This game might get away early.........
I believe we are going to take it to them. A&M may have been looking ahead to us. I watched the Purdue/A&M game and saw things that I believe we can take advantage of. Our slew of guards will control this game and I believe we will handle their frontline. Can't wait................ Ira

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom