Gary Blair on UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gary Blair on UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Coach Blair is such a likable guy. Always a class act and comes out with these gems from time to time. I really liked "A little bit of Geno".

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Does anyone have a link to Blair's press conference?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
We've got a couple of AA's.... they just haven't formally been recognized as such just yet.
This year's UConn team has some kids clearly in the running for some sort of AA recognition, and over the course of the season, I could see one of these girls working her way into First Team consideration. That's not the same thing as having two players in your lineup splitting the two NPOY honors (as happened in 2010) or the NPOY plus two other First Team AAs (2009).

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I'm glad to see we are spreading the love around on the board. I get protective of our starting five, when posters are drooling over when Kaleena may enter. We did not really need her last night. The first team was an IMPACT team.

Reaction Score
You really can't help liking Blair, as many of you posters have stated before.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Good guy. He and Geno seemed to have an extended chat in the handshake line.

Reaction Score
Really have always liked Blair,calls em like he sees it. Unlike some other Icons of WBB. Uconn ability to have a go to player year in and year out is the real reason the lady Vols don't play Uconn any more. Just think Ann Strowther (Pink Flamingos) and Maya Moore. Pats inability to get that elite player that she knows can get her team over the top was and is eating the life out of her and her staff. You can have all the Spanies and Bjorklunds and simmons in the word but without a KML or Grinner It ain't happening for her and the Vols. Period

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Really have always liked Blair,calls em like he sees it. Unlike some other Icons of WBB. Uconn ability to have a go to player year in and year out is the real reason the lady Vols don't play Uconn any more. Just think Ann Strowther (Pink Flamingos) and Maya Moore. Pats inability to get that elite player that she knows can get her team over the top was and is eating the life out of her and her staff. You can have all the Spanies and Boryklunds and simmons in the word but without a KML or Grinner It ain't happening for her and the Vols. Period
Or a Parker?

Reaction Score
Or a Parker?
Exactly or a Turasi or a healthy Brittany Hunter or Sue bird. She has gotten her share of the best but almost always lately seems to miss on the one player that can define the Vols as uncontested winners, PERIOD. Think the three Meeks. Even a great point like Kara could not get a ring with Pat.

Reaction Score
I didn't rewatch to see if she fouled White on the jumper at the top of the key...did she foul her? I know the call at midcourt was bogus.
Watch her legs; they are the key in good defense. She can slide right or left better than anyone in the game. At the same time, her arms are active.
You have to see her in person to see how good she really is.

Reaction Score
And Gary on what separates UConn and other teams: impact players.

“It’s the impact players. If you can get players like Mosqueda-Lewis, Taurasi or Maya Moore, they make everyone else around them better. And he’s had an impact player every year he’s been here.

“That’s the difference between UConn and the rest of us trying to get to that level.”
His statements are just more reasons to like the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom