Garden ThoughtZ™ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Garden ThoughtZ™

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think you underrated Sid, and Akok's second foul was a game changer. Thanks again.
I probably did go a little hard on Akok and Sid. And Polley. None of them were the reason we lost. they played to their potential. Probably could have used a bit more Sid, and Polley should have been a little more aggressive.
In these 10 minutes (really 9.21minutes) Sid played like a man possessed:

Sid comes in when Akok picks up his third at 16:53 and gets a block on the next play. He gets an assist at 14:58 to Josh. TO at 14:20; D rebound at 12:52; O rebound and missed layup at 12:37; D rebound at 12:21 leading to fast break makes the shot on an assist by Al, is fouled and makes the foul shot at 12:15; media time out at 11:49 Akok subbed in for Sid but Sid comes back in for Akok at 11:18 and scores on the steal and alley oop by Christian at 10:59; gets a D rebound at 9:26 and a block at 8:44; foul at 7:32 in which he's subbed out.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Who were the people that saw no effect on having to red shirt Spring this year?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
In these 10 minutes (really 9.21minutes) Sid played like a man possessed:

Sid comes in when Akok picks up his third at 16:53 and gets a block on the next play. He gets an assist at 14:58 to Josh. TO at 14:20; D rebound at 12:52; O rebound and missed layup at 12:37; D rebound at 12:21 leading to fast break makes the shot on an assist by Al, is fouled and makes the foul shot at 12:15; media time out at 11:49 Akok subbed in for Sid but Sid comes back in for Akok at 11:18 and scores on the steal and alley oop by Christian at 10:59; gets a D rebound at 9:26 and a block at 8:44; foul at 7:32 in which he's subbed out.
Sid is the man. I bet he even likes good coffee

Reaction Score
It's funny in my section people were happy that we kept going to Josh. The dude has 7 turnovers and half of the buckets that did go in made it look like Harry potters friend was a UConn fan at the game. I want the guy to dominate but his turnover problem was a big part of it, as well as his defense. Reminded me of watching the Knicks with Julius Randle turning over every other possession.

Reaction Score
It's funny in my section people were happy that we kept going to Josh. The dude has 7 turnovers and half of the buckets that did go in made it look like Harry potters friend was a UConn fan at the game. I want the guy to dominate but his turnover problem was a big part of it, as well as his defense. Reminded me of watching the Knicks with Julius Randle turning over every other possession.
He had 18 points 5 rebounds and 4 turnovers. Where did you get 7?

Reaction Score
He had 18 points 5 rebounds and 4 turnovers. Where did you get 7?
You are right I think I'm confusing his turnovers with CV. Felt like a lot more and defensively he was abused the whole night. wish he didn't miss half of his layups. Dude rarely dunks it.

Reaction Score
He doesn’t dunk but he knows his way to score inside. He’s not a shot blocker, but he is a big body. Together he and Akok are a nice combo but we have to have guard play.

Reaction Score
You are right I think I'm confusing his turnovers with CV. Felt like a lot more and defensively he was abused the whole night. wish he didn't miss half of his layups. Dude rarely dunks it.
We didn’t lose because of his or the teams defense. Josh played pretty well. Team D was really good Unless we run an offense that can get Bouk, Polley, and Akok more opportunities this team will continue to lose close games. Because unless you think that CV and AG are going to start hitting more shots you can’t have your two worst shooter getting the most shots up.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Josh shot a hair under 64% from the field. (9 of 14).
It FELT like he was abused on D by Brunk, but that was only because he got scored on 3 consecutive times by the dude mid-second half. Other than those 3 buckets, Brunk was 1 for 7 from the field. So who abused whom?
We lost that game for a lot of reasons, but none of them lived on the front line. Our starting back court was awful and their replacements were worse.

Reaction Score
It FELT like he was abused on D by Brunk, but that was only because he got scored on 3 consecutive times by the dude mid-second half. Other than those 3 buckets, Brunk was 1 for 7 from the field. So who abused whom?
We lost that game for a lot of reasons, but none of them lived on the front line. Our starting back court was awful and their replacements were worse.
great thoughtz

Reaction Score
and half of the buckets that did go in made it look like Harry potters friend was a UConn fan at the game.

Amazing. There is nothing meaningful to say bad about a player after the part of the sentence that states "the buckets that did go in." I'm sorry he's not stylish enough for you and you don't like the way he scores. Yes, he turns it over too much (partly, but to be fair not entirely, based on where our guards are able to get him the ball) but we would have been soundly crushed by Indiana without him, and if even half our rotation played as well as him we would have won.

Reaction Score

Thank you. I would add that at the time Carlton had the poor defensive few minutes, he was already gassed from having played twice as much as the big who was taking advantage of him.

Reaction Score
Amazing. There is nothing meaningful to say bad about a player after the part of the sentence that states "the buckets that did go in." I'm sorry he's not stylish enough for you and you don't like the way he scores. Yes, he turns it over too much (partly, but to be fair not entirely, based on where our guards are able to get him the ball) but we would have been soundly crushed by Indiana without him, and if even half our rotation played as well as him we would have won.
Don't pay attention to him. He does not understand basketball. Carlton is the offensive go to guy who has come a long way in terms of development and was clearly tired at times which is perfectly normal for a big guy.
Clearly he has a problem with the way he plays. I mean, ok, he doesn't SLAM THE BALL IN like Montrezl Harrell, but Carlton has worked on a spin move, some left hand finishes, and putbacks off the rebound if he misses.

Reaction Score

Not to mention that Carlton barely got a rest during the second half, whereas Brunk had the luxury of having an actual replacement on the bench. Carlton played 36 minutes, Brunk played 19. Almost no big in the country can be the focal point on offense and be a shutdown defender for 40 minutes a game. It’s not a realistic expectation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom